Snake has escaped. Don't know how cage was secured.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, luckily he only went missing for 4 days
good news , have you worked out how he escaped yet if not than i would be making it my mission to work it out today before he has another chance to escape tonight

Thomassss is right, you have to know how he got out of the enclosure before you put him back, keep him in a secure tub or container big enough for him until you know what needs to be done to stop the snake getting out again.

thats great news. they do get into some weird places. my yearling coastals escaped throught the same hole. were the cord goes into the enclosure there was a small gap. i was worried but my partner said nah its ok they wont get out. went to check on them that night and they had all gotten out. took 3 days till i found the last one.

i bet your over the moon, i'm really happy for you.

good stuff mate!! Very glad to hear this :)

good stuff mate, my missus asked why i was filling the holes i drilled in the enclosures with silicon after i ran the wiring, i said if you think mice a sneaky little buggers, they have nothing on snakes, snakes will get out of any place they can, also be careful if you have sliding glass doors, if the track is to big for the glass it leaves a bigger gap in between where they overlap and the snake could possibly get out there if its only a small snake, i put 6mm sticky back foam in between them and that fixes it, i havent had it happen but i sat there and watched my young diamond when i got her go over every inchh of the enclosure looking for a way out

Yeah, they have to check evry possibility of escape, every day :lol:

I put a wild coastal from my rat shed in a tub for a trip down the back of the property....... The lid is 12mm mesh...... I watched the snake check every single 12mm square one after one.... fascinating...... you would see the tip of the snout, a toung flick.... back down.... next hole... toung flick and so on.... reptiles are very cunning, and very, very patient :shock:

Should i give up or keep looking ?

Glad you got a good result and found your little one.

Now that it is over though, and everyone is happy, does anybody else see the humour in this quote?

Someone with the name Reptile_for_life is asking about giving up looking for a snake after just 2 days?

Glad you got a good result and found your little one.

Now that it is over though, and everyone is happy, does anybody else see the humour in this quote?

Someone with the name Reptile_for_life is asking about giving up looking for a snake after just 2 days?
hahaha in his defence though it seems his only a kid , you remember what its like as a kid short attention span little patience when it comes to things like looking for a tiny snake that could be anywhere

hahaha in his defence though it seems his only a kid , you remember what its like as a kid short attention span little patience when it comes to things like looking for a tiny snake that could be anywhere

Wow, I must still be a kid? Sounds just like me :shock::lol:

What was I saying??;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back