Snake miss identification

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At work once had a lady come in with a jar of 'baby brown snakes',which were earthworms.lol

Bench Warmer;906233im not advocating this said:
:shock: what a great idea lets go and freehandle potentialy deadly snakes because they generally have placid disposition.

Small eyed snakes have venom toxic enough to cause death, and indeed one human death has been recorded from a Small eyed snake bite.

There's been an adult human death attributed to a whip snake too, doesn't mean I'd rather get bitten by a RBBS than a whip snake.
I've seen people after small eyed bites and they've had localised swelling and pain. I'm not saying they are not dangerously venemous but do you really consider them to be more venemous than a redbelly?

You never know if you'll have an allergic reaction to a venemous snake bite,so really every venomous snake no matter the toxicity could be considered potentially deadly,i liken small eyed snakes more to the "crowned snake" group,the red bellies are more a big elapid and more likely to bite,but who says you cant hold a venomous snake like a python??? what does venom have to do with likelyness to bite??? AND IM NOT SAYING ANYONE SHOULD HOLD A VENOMOUS SNAKE..

At least once he realised what it was, he actually let people know. Didn't get all defensive and deny it or whatever. And who knows maybe once his experience grows he'll be producing some really informative stuff.... live and learn (or if you die and learn, make sure the papers don't hear about it!). Is he in QLD?

And who knows maybe once his experience grows he'll be producing some really informative stuff....

He already shoots coke bottles full of water with high power rifles to improve animal welfare... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back