Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh well i guess there's only one person that can cut through all this crap and post some definitive answers.

I think some people are just not happy with the prices snake ranch is selling there snakes. They might have invested alot of money in the last few years, thinking they would get high returns, but snake ranch has spiced it up abit by offering nice snakes for under half, in some cases, what they were selling for last year. I think that is great..

SAVE ME GEEBUS!!

Zing to RanchHand.

I think this is a classic case of tall poppy syndrome.

what does it matter to you people anyway?

I'm not looking at this thread anymore I swear!

Yes good points. Its amazes me how people look for the negatives in all things. If I was a breeder on a big scale like snake ranch, I certainly would not subscribe or donate to people who slam them for offering specials. The peope who have decided to take their offer have also taken a risk in purchasing. The market prices for the new season have not yet been decided, for example, a pair of NT BHP are offered for 1300, the market may be flooded and the going price may drop to 800 a pair, on the other hand they may be scarce, and market may be up around the 2500 mark. In this case snake ranch could miss out on a higher market. I also get annoyed about people who defame people on HEARSAY, I think everyone in "primary school" got to play chinese whispers and saw the outcomes. I suggest to these people act like adults and do your research, dont rely on hearsay makes you look very silly*(for lack of a better word) when the truth comes out. I personally have taken up the offer, the fact that its not due til the new year gives me time to do more research(as its a new breed to me) and be totally prepared. Im a hugh believer in being WELL informed. It also gives me the opportunity to come up with the money to get the special 20% off. I may not have had the money if i had to purchase it on delivery, especially around xmas. So thank you snake ranch for making it easier and cheaper for me.:D

Hope that clarifies the issue.
Certainly does! Until recently when there was an attempt to draw me into some bizarre fight that is going. I had no idea of the story behind these stimsoni? I made a point of finding out the true story behind them.
At no stage have I questioned their quality! they are very nice. What I was more concerned about is the fact that they were held in questionable circumstances and the ID has been made on hear say! Now before that is misinterpreted? Lets look at it this way! lets say a pair of woma pythons are confiscated because they were illegally collected from the wild and they are identified as lets say Pilbara locale by CALM? They have been in the collection for an indeterminable amount of time and the former owner could have bred locality conflicting ;) specimens in that time making the confiscated snakes questionable for a 100% ID. Yes this could happen in any collection, but if they are from illegal gains then you could never be sure as to the practices of that individual. They are prepared to steal from the wild what else are they prepared to do?
So my only concern is once they have been obtained by ill gotten means then how can they ever (and certainly CALM) be ID as being 100% anything?

re Snake

Good promotion i reckon,they breed some types of critters that are available no where else,as for tax well i think they state on the SR site that prices are inclusive of GST,what more do they have ta do,regurgitate their last meal or something.
As for the the fact that they can have a website and sell within NSW without a dealers permitt,they are a society now and others could do it,ive thought of it myself,what else can they do in NSW,to carry out an honest undertaking in the herp buisness here you have to be very creative LOL.good luck to them,they arnt robbing banks or turning communist or some thing,just trying to make a living.

Zulu, whats wrong with being a communist.....just got this little red book in the mail and thought it was the next big thing... damn, i have been shocked again.

re Snake

Yeh i suppose theres nothing shocking about being a commo,it may even be to great benefit slothy,espescially if one is planning on having a political carreer or even a life in communist china.Takes the fun out of elections,you can vote for me or you can vote for me instead but make ya mind up quick or we send you to labour camp to get your mind right.

See... there are positives, at least you know that when you vote you are voting for the "right" party....

re Snake

Might is right slothy,i want a job at hurstville in the NPWS or climate change whatever they are this week,so i can protect my own job by sticking me head up me own bum,sorry if i sound a litter bitter but they have been running us around the block without water for years,ime dryed up LOLz Mutiny at MTT Druitt .

I couldn't care less where those wheat belt stimmis come from...they are just spectacular.....!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back