Snake Shedding, Stool Talk & Other

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nailsinside

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just witnessed my Diamond Python shedding and before she had finished she did a massive black poo. Is this normal? I'm worried she could be constipated/sick.:cry: I've read that The white is the calcium in the rat and the black is the fur. I've just upped the size to Fuzzie rats, so this is the first stool she's done since upping the feed size.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks guys.

Not quite,

The white is urates and the black is feces.

It is common for snakes to defecate during/right after a shed and nothing to worry about unless there is something unusual about the feces/urates themselves.

I suspect the stool is larger due to the larger prey that was consumed.

Hth :)

A good shed always gets my guys percolating. Don't stress about poo. They will go when they/want need to. As long as they are pooing there is no need to worry.

Yep, all of mine usually make a big old mess while they're shedding and when they're doing their business the white usually comes first then hours/a day later comes the big nasty black...ive since learned to not rush and clean out the little white bird poo straight away, cause I know I'm just gonna be cleaning again very soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back