Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A very well known nq herp, has on two seperate occasions, seen a 20 foot scrub on a property west of cairns . The biggest we have seen was a 17 footer, still large.

Most call out for us of ''20 ft '' scrubbys turned out to be closer to the 10 ft mark.

I would love to see a olive over 5 meters in the wild. [ not doubting that they dont get that big]
A olive that big would look a lot damn bigger than a scrub . It would be rather impressive!

I dont think a lot of people would have seen a lot of pilbara olives or OPs in the wild, were as scrubs are sighted on a day to day basis.

nick

Re: RE: snake sizes

The snake was probably in the region of 18 feet if the skin was 24 feet long, the skin can stretch almost as much as a slough.

Tanny said:
There is a skin up there, not a slough, from one that measured just under 24 ft. When I saw it the people that had it did get a huge serve about killing it. :evil:

You have to remember that just as there are giant basketballers, there are big snakes compared to their average length for their species.

I found a roadkill mulga out St George way a few years ago that was around 8.5-9 ft ,it was a monster, i have a pic of it somewhere with my mate( who stands at 6ft 5in) holding it by the tail as far above his head as he could and there was still about 6inches of snake resting on the ground , it would have been scary snake when it was alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back