Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, still hasnt eaten, i want to get a new thermo, but dad disagrees with everything i think, and says "no the one you have is fine" blah blah blah....

Perhaps get your old man to read this thread??

i had a hatchling stimsons that didn't eat over winter and had one feed in 5 months, when spring came i notched up the heat, and bathed the snake because it was having trouble shedding then a couple days later it took a pinkie and up graded to fuzzies within a month. so it's nothing to worry about yet, yours is bigger and more resistant don't give up.
where is the smake located? something might be irritating it like really loud thumping music or a draft getting in enclosure keeping it too cool at certain times of the day. do you have other pets that can go near enclosure?

instead of a new thermostat, go and buy a couple of cheap temp gauges and put them in different areas. Record the temps hourly for a day and watch if the heat is coming on and off as required by the thermostat.
Then you will have accurate temp readings for the day and worked out if the thermo works

I dont know if I'll get any feed back i dont really know how to use the site and i never see any of the stuff i write but if it makes you feel any better it took my coastal 10 months before he ate,snakes are primitive creatures.

it took my coastal about 10 months or so to eat snakes are primitive creatures a change in food items might also help,snakes have a variety in what they eat.;)

Yes that was me with the thread, i assumed that was why she wasnt eating at frist, but it has been too long, and she is too thin, but i spose it is still possible.(yes she always lives with male except when feeding)
Dad said i could try a rat, but shes never eaten one before and i cant see it working, but ill give it a go as soon as possible. I did try to turn up the thermostat, there is meant to be a hole in it that you put a screw driver in and turn it, but there must be about 15 holes in there. So i tried the most likely one and sparks started coming out, so i never did that again. lol.

Thanks for all the help, ill keep you posted.

turn it off first, before sticking metal things into electrical appliances

Last edited:
. I did try to turn up the thermostat, there is meant to be a hole in it that you put a screw driver in and turn it, but there must be about 15 holes in there. So i tried the most likely one and sparks started coming out, so i never did that again. lol.

Thanks for all the help, ill keep you posted.

Careful dude!! :shock:

As bitey said turn it off first.
Maybe get your dad to help you as it's not good to be shocked (trust me) :)

Hey all,
Good news, she ate.
I tried a rat, at first she just completely rejected it, but i just left it in there, came back 5 mins later and she had eaten.

Thanks for the help

The-Guy

well done mate...
if she continues feeding, it might just have been a winter thing...
good luck anyway

Cheers,
Yann.

Congrats! :)
Must be the night for it. A carpet of ours finally ate after 4 months!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back