Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miley_take

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I had a hilarious encounter with some delivery men and my bredli and thought I should post a thread seeing what stories other people have?

Here's mine...

I had my male bredli out(he's not that scary...about 70-80cm) heard a knock and two burley delivery men where there...they both saw my snake, ran 5m away, told me not to bring him closer. They through the sheet of paper I had to sign at me, and then bickered about who was to retrieve it...I went inside and burst out laughing...:lol:

Tell us yours!

my boss doesn't come into my office cause i have one of my snake as a background

this arrangement works well for me

our plumber rings me before he does the maintanence on our pipes (rental + shocking plumbing) just to check that my guys are all inside their enclosures.

the accountant told me she was going to buy a house but the previous owner had snakes so she wouldn't buy it - this was the stupidest thing ive ever heard

When I got my first snake about 8 years ago and he was a tiny little baby I had him in my top pocket. I said to a friend 'I have a snake in my pocket'.(or something like that) He thought I meant the Allens lolly snakes, der, anyway he reached in to grab it and the look on his face when he realised it was a real live snake was priceless! Lucky for me my snake was a good boy and didn't freak out (or get hurt)

My mum was helping me wash up and she picked up the scrubbing brush I use to clean out the snake's water bowls. I told her not to use that on the dishes, because it was the snakes' brush and she jumped back and threw it away as though it was going to bite her!

She also shudders every time she comes into the room that the enclosure is in. and makes me double check that it is locked. We have a 60cm Stimmie and a 90 cm Bredli.

My mum was helping me wash up and she picked up the scrubbing brush I use to clean out the snake's water bowls. I told her not to use that on the dishes, because it was the snakes' brush and she jumped back and threw it away as though it was going to bite her!

She also shudders every time she comes into the room that the enclosure is in. and makes me double check that it is locked. We have a 60cm Stimmie and a 90 cm Bredli.

my mum doesn't even and come visit, she looks like she's going to pass out if i start talking about them

My mum in law would never go to our lounge room thru the front door but would rather go thru the garage then up to our kitchen when she comes to visit...n same way too when shes goin back..! dad-in-law is ok with snakes but wont talk about snakes in front of her.. haha..
She would probably freak out if she finds out ive got more snakes n more enclosures in the lounge.... :)

HAHA Emily, thats hillarious.

The day i got my snake, i had to keep her at work with me. She stayed in my locker,as i didnt want to freak anyone out.. well, it got around pretty dam fast that i had a snake in my locker..i wasnt in there at the time but was told later a few of the girls where freaking out thinking it was going to get into their lockers and eat them.

Theres also i couple of girls on my facebook that go nuts if i even mention my snake..lol its quite funny.

I found it rather amusing when I found my second spotted python in the gym of the college; I caught it and took it into the RA room to show a friend of mine who was on duty at the time; She freaked out and ran across to the other side of the room, and the residential life assistant (if thats what its called) was worried I would let it go or something (I had its head restrained so there was no way it could bite; which is why I find it funny that they were so scared of it)

Also with the carpet python, I had it in a pillowcase and was on my way to release it in the bush when I passed a group of girls on their way to dinner who freaked out; though why, I don't know; the pillowcase was knotted, it couldnt get out..

And in comparison to the girls that get scared, if you show any of the snakes to the veterinary science students at the college they flock around you to see the snake/want to see it. such an amazing contrast :D

A few people we know have been less keen to visit since we've had snakes (not that I'm complaining). They seem to think that they're just all loose in the house.

A few people we know have been less keen to visit since we've had snakes (not that I'm complaining). They seem to think that they're just all loose in the house.

I get that a lot...Mum's estatic!

My mum was the first to get bitten by my bredli :lol: but she's in love with my little girl...dad's fine with me having them as long as he doesnt have to deal or touch them :lol:

No one in my family touches the snakes, and they avoid my room because "if one escaped, it could eat them" ('sif i would let them escape :lol: )

One time my brother had a girl over that he was trying to impress, and picked up my big diamond girl to show off. a couple of minutes later when she was thoroughly impressed, he turned to me, white-faced and horrified, and promptly handed the snake back to me :lol:

Another girl came over a few months later, and he thought he would tempt being brave again. Luckily for him, he mentioned the word "snake" and the girl bolted out the door all the way to the footpath, and refused to come inside for an hour.. :lol:

There are two 18-year-old diamond intergrades housed in one of the labs at school. For parent teacher night my 'station' was set up by the enclosure because they know I keep snakes. However I had to put parents with their backs to the snakes after watching several of them freeze and turn ghostly white when they noticed the pythons crawling around. At least none of them bolted, but I suspect it was a close call in a couple of cases.

Another girl came over a few months later, and he thought he would tempt being brave again. Luckily for him, he mentioned the word "snake" and the girl bolted out the door all the way to the footpath, and refused to come inside for an hour.. :lol:

heheheh lol when i have peeps over there all like cool a snake but when i bring it out there like umm... and back away slowly.

but most of the girls in my class are really cool about me owning a snake and stuff :p

im still laughing em. my daughter loves taking any of our snakes to the office to freak the young office girl out. its so funny watching her face go white

my favourite was when we had a couple of guys over and we were standing around chatting for a few minutes, then all of a sudden the bigger guy screamed (yes, screamed) and ran backwards so quickly that he flipped backwards over the couch that was behind him! :shock:

Then I realised I still had a water python in my pocket that had poked his head out to say hello!

Sometimes I wish I had a video camera strapped to my glasses, :lol: I would make millions off funniest home videos!

my favourite was when we had a couple of guys over and we were standing around chatting for a few minutes, then all of a sudden the bigger guy screamed (yes, screamed) and ran backwards so quickly that he flipped backwards over the couch that was behind him! :shock:

Then I realised I still had a water python in my pocket that had poked his head out to say hello!

Sometimes I wish I had a video camera strapped to my glasses, :lol: I would make millions off funniest home videos!

LOL I often walk around the house with my little girl bredli, and she hides in my hair or under my collar...she often scares my mum or dad when she comes out to say hi :lol:

i had my jungle out and some girl came to the door trying to make me vote for her on something, never found out what when she seen the snake she jumped back and told me not to worrie lol

I brought my snake to school in year six and I was doing a presentation. The Italian teacher (that I hated) walked in to collect us and she literally screamed and ran out of the room.... I then followed her and said "she wont eat you, she only eats mice!".... the look on her face was hilarious! :lol:

Another time was when I brought the same snake to high school last year. She stayed in the science staff room during the day, but after school I was walking through the playground with her. One of the dancers (always the dancers...) turned white and almost fainted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back