Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webcol

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, i have heard alot that putting snakes in grass will make them poo.
So i was wondering if anyone new why they do this?
And also if snakes that do get put in the grass, is their is much of a risk of them getting parasites or infection?
thanks.

Its just that you make them move and it just gets the bowels moving that's all Its got nothing to do with the grass lol

Last edited:
One of my mates has a black headed python and it doesnt ever poop in its enclosure only when its put in the grass outside toilet trained snakes pretty cool i thought

any risks of getting parasites or infection from the grass?

I'm also curious about the 2nd part of Untouchables thread, ie. what is the risk of your animal picking up parasites? Yes, I'm talking about the dreaded mite. I'm in suburban Sydney so have the usual reptilian visitors to my yard (common garden skink, eastern water skink, occasional blue tongue etc). Unecessary worrying, or legitimate risk?

exercise will promote defecation in pythons. i doubt very much that you will get snake mites from your yard.

providing your not using poisons to kill off them bloody weeds (getting too old to pull them) out then there is no problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back