Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
very nice! good find.... i would have released him back into your mango tree and put a hide box up there for him to live in! hehe keep tthe posums at bay

Yeah, the thought had crossed my mind because I really dislike possums because of the mess, smell, and fruit and flower damage they make. But, I thought the snake may crawl out onto the road again or into neighbours yards who may kill it... if not the neighbours then their dogs and cats would probably attack it. I also thought of putting him in my roof, but, my wife put her foot down and demanded that it's her or the snake!!

The carpet was happy to slither on its merry way up a big fig tree when we released him yesterday.....the bushland area is full of flying foxes so he should be very happy there.

My kids miss the snake. They want me to get them a baby pet snake to keep in a tank. I'm ok with it, they just have to work on their mum with the idea now! Will let you know how we go. How large do children pythons grow and how much time and expense is involved in keeping one? I am also thinking of getting a turtle for my pond. Will a turtle stay put or will it wander? Will my fish survive with a turtle?

My kids miss the snake. They want me to get them a baby pet snake to keep in a tank. I'm ok with it, they just have to work on their mum with the idea now! Will let you know how we go. How large do children pythons grow and how much time and expense is involved in keeping one? I am also thinking of getting a turtle for my pond. Will a turtle stay put or will it wander? Will my fish survive with a turtle?

Childrens Pythons can grow to about 1.5 metres. When you get a baby, there is the initial startup expense, which includes the little snake, $200ish, a click clack (plastic lunchbox) $5ish and a low wattage heat cord $30ish. Plus an assortment of plastic or cardboard objects for it to hide under/in, like light bulb packets and small plastic lids, and a little container for water (rat the kitchen cupboard for a little jar lid for that).

When larger, the snake will graduate to a 'formal' enclosure and this can be worth as much as you want to pay for it for it's chosen display place. A converted cabinet with time and effort lovingly spent, $200 for a custom made snake home or throw the dollars around and pick up a piece of furniture, craftingly made to house both snake and the odd treasure and designed to have the wife screaming if you touch it's gleaming surface.

A turtle will eat your fish and a turtle will wander if the pond is not adequately fenced.

Let us know how you go. :)

Whoops....

I forgot to mention the little $5 bag of mice in her freezer...

;)

Try getting a look at it of a nitetime, just go out with atorch every now and again. Hopefully youll spot it then get some photos!!!

Forget last post. i a bit tired and didnt read all Tell you what though NICE snake

Childrens Pythons can grow to about 1.5 metres. When you get a baby, there is the initial startup expense, which includes the little snake, $200ish, a click clack (plastic lunchbox) $5ish and a low wattage heat cord $30ish. Plus an assortment of plastic or cardboard objects for it to hide under/in, like light bulb packets and small plastic lids, and a little container for water (rat the kitchen cupboard for a little jar lid for that).

When larger, the snake will graduate to a 'formal' enclosure and this can be worth as much as you want to pay for it for it's chosen display place. A converted cabinet with time and effort lovingly spent, $200 for a custom made snake home or throw the dollars around and pick up a piece of furniture, craftingly made to house both snake and the odd treasure and designed to have the wife screaming if you touch it's gleaming surface.

A turtle will eat your fish and a turtle will wander if the pond is not adequately fenced.

Let us know how you go. :)

Thank you Wrasse for the info.

The kids have been given the green light by their mum. So they're jumping for joy :)

I've contacted Qld EPA today and they're sending out the licencing application papers.

Can you or anyone recommend a couple of breeders in Brisbane to get a children's python?

cheers
Warren

Congrats on the green light. :) PM me your details and I can make a few calls for you.

Meanwhile, keep an eye on the For Sale section here on the forums and watch the for sale section on the herptrader.

http://herptrader.com.au/
Menu link #5 on the left of that page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back