snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the question I was going to ask, he sounds young and I was wondering if maybe parents had got this snake and not found out about the licence side of things. Assuming a few things I know.

wombat said:
brian, I don't want to sound too dumb, but since you've only just found out that youare getting a snake, do you have a reptile licence yet?

The only stupid question is the question that is not asked.

I dont think anyone has mention what size globe you need.. I use a 100W....on a 1200x 400x400 (about to upgrade though) enclosure for two yearling carpets. THIS MUST BE ATTACHED TO A THERMOSTAT OTHERWISE YOU WILL END UP COOKING YOU SNAKES.

A 10 month old Diamond.... hmm... they would be on a weaner mouse I think... (a small adult mouse) And depending on who you speak to, depends on how much you feed them. Some say every 5-7 days.. Some say every 2 weeks.... I personally would be saying around the 10 days between feeds...roughly...

Shedding... their eyes will go cloudy... leave them alone until they shed..no feeding ..no handling. And dont be fooled...His/her eyes will clear up for a few days...and then they shed...

One other thing..... spend the next week on this site...Anything you dont know...Ask...Or do a search on it, and I am sure you find all the info you need. Just rememer though...No one on this site is an expert. Some just have more experience than others...:)

ENJOY..............:)

HELLO IS THERE ANY MORE SUGESTION'S BEFORE MY SNAKE COMES?THANKS TO ALL THAT REPLYED AND KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR WHEN I PUT A PIC OF THE SNAKE AND ENCLOSER ON FOR ALL TO VEIW.

HI JUST READING THOUGH THE MASAGES AND YES MY MUM DID BUY THE SNAKE FOR ME MY WIFE TOLD ME LAST NIGHT CAUSE SHE THORT I SHOULD NO BEFORE HAND SO I COULD PREPAIR FOR THE NEW ARRIVEL (SMART LADY ) IV ALWAYS WANTED A SNAKE BUT NEVER GOT AROUNG TO IT AND YES I HAVE A LICENCE AND HAVE HAD ONE FOR SOME TIME BUT NEVER GOT SNAKE.THANKS HEAPS FOR INFO AND HOPE ONEDAY I CAN RETURN THE FAVOR.MARY XMAS AND A SAFE NEW YEAR TO ALL.ONE MORE THING WHAT IS WITH THE BLUE LIGHT BOLB IS IT A COLOR THAT THE SNAKES LIKE ALSO IS THE BLUE BOLB THAT EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT A PARTY BOLB OR A SPECIAL BOLD THAT I WILL BUY AT A REPTILE PLACE?
BRIAN

Hope it all works out for you. But there is NO NEED TO YELL!!. :lol:

haha, nobody in Mt Druitt keeps reptiles. Your on your own son.
You could start at the Reptile Barn

YA I WOULD BUT THERE IS NO MORE REPTILE BARN.

hi mate...the blue bulbs you can get from bunnings...i just use them coz i like the colour i suppose. Start convincing your mrs to let you keep a tupperware full of frozen rat pups for your diamond. don't get them from the pet shops they will only rip you off.
people on here breed rats and will sell them to you for better prices frozen than u can get them alive.

brian said:

Have they shut down?? Dont get out there often but their prices on food were always pretty good I thought, maybe too good??

brian, if you wife doesn't like the idea of mice or rats in the freezer, put them into a non-seethrough container, and write "Snake Food" on all sides including top and bottom. That way, she won't open it by mistake.

Although I have been a member for about a year, I'm getting my first snake on Monday. :D

Theese sites may help you get started:

http://www.mark.org.au/pages/cs_diamondpython.htm

http://www.southernxreptiles.com/RA Article Page.htm

The only stupid question is the question that is not asked.

Hope it all works out for you. But there is NO NEED TO YELL!!.

AGREED, caps lock off please :p

also welcome to the herping world i just started out a couple months ago with a central carpet python :) . all i can say is research as much as you possibly can. also if you could discuss your setup and what to feed on one of the chat things such as the snakepit(http://www.aussiereptilekeeper.com/html/chat.html) or popps' chat thing on mirc(poppsplace).

cheers

andrew

thank you all will cheak out them sites. thinking about it now it dont seem that hard have been reading all day and its not to hard i think just was a shock at first and pacted it for a while.
brian

peterescue said:
haha, nobody in Mt Druitt keeps reptiles. Your on your own son.

I thought Zulu lived around there. The oldfella.

brian said:

Reptile Barn moved to Penrith, had a fire and moved again (over the road I think). Haven't been out there in a while but I believe they are still operating.

:p

Hix

HIX thanks i thort they just close down just to piss me off ha ah thanks again i will go the tomorrow do you no the address?

hi brian,
reptile barn is up and running in henry st. penrith. and use lower case for typing your posts and emails. when you use upper case it is called yelling.
cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back