Something on nose!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jello158

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi! So today I got out my Bredli Carpet roughly 18 months old out of her tank and when I did I saw something on her nose, I got a damp piece of tissue and tried to get it off thinking it was just something stuck but nothing came off and she went to bite me (she has never bitten and is NEVER aggressive, and this made me really concerned) she seems to be acting normally.

shes never had any health issues and eats every week without a problem, she's active and changes spots in her tank about 3 times a day. she is due for a shed in the next few weeks.

can someone please tell me what this is as I have never seen this before and I just want to know what I can do!

http://s1122.photobucket.com/user/j...Uploads/image_zps0e50540a.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1
http://s1122.photobucket.com/user/j...Uploads/image_zpsb42570d0.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Looks like a scratch from something in the tank and nothing to be concerned about.

Most other animals would try bite too if something big grabbed them and rubbed their face with a wet tissue. They have no idea whats actually going on so it may be best in future to not do that...

Looks like a scratch from something in the tank and nothing to be concerned about.

Most other animals would try bite too if something big grabbed them and rubbed their face with a wet tissue. They have no idea whats actually going on so it may be best in future to not do that...

She is usually fine with me touching her head and has never objected to me touching her head (not that I do it all the time).

You may have caught her off guard, hence the strike, and it does look like a scratch from something in the enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back