Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please let's don't let this get into a slinging match. LOL is a well known abbreviation that most people understand without having to spend time in an attempt to translate certain posts.

sms is also an abbreviation of "short messaging service" so we should also eliminate that from out forum posts by your logic. As is BHP, GTP, do I need to continue. My issue is when letters and punctuation are deliberately missed in an effort to unnecessarily abbreviate words.

Now I'm just being evil :twisted:

Aussiez aL lt us rejoice,
4 we R yung & frE;
Weve golden soil & wealth 4 toil,
Our om iz girt by sea;
Our land abounds n natuR's gifts
Of bUtE :-$$$ & rare;
n history's pg, lt evry stage
Advance Australia fair!

"Pls ltez don let dis gt in2 a slingng mtch. LOLs a well nown abrevatn dat mst ppl undastnd wtht havng 2 spnd time in an attmp2 trnslt crtn psts"

:lol: just incase anyone was having trouble deciphering you, Mel! :wink:

Fuscus, you're cheeky :lol:

newtosnakes said:
Just wondering, it seems to be the "in thing" to do lately to purposely spell words wrong or shorten words. Can anyone explain this to me, what is so difficult in typing complete words and sentences?? Am I being an old prude?? :lol:

All im saying is your contridicting yourself :roll:
Im not looking for a slinging match just thought i would point it out :wink:

Fuscus said:
Now I'm just being evil :twisted:

Aussiez aL lt us rejoice,
4 we R yung & frE;
Weve golden soil & wealth 4 toil,
Our om iz girt by sea;
Our land abounds n natuR's gifts
Of bUtE :-$$$ & rare;
n history's pg, lt evry stage
Advance Australia fair!

Fuscus, you missed the last line, can't leave it how it should be...:lol:

WTH
If u can read & understand it who cares????????? Not me as i use this slang all the time .
Not all a yo was bought up wid propa gramma :twisted: c'mon ppl :evil:

Can't say I see any evidence of any fighting, at least I can't understand it if there is.

jnglgrl said:
WTH
If u can read & understand it who cares????????? Not me as i use this slang all the time .
Not all a yo was bought up wid propa gramma :twisted: c'mon ppl :evil:

I think the point is that we can't all read and understand it...

I think maybe it was a joke!

I bet there is not one person here who can honestly say that they haven't used slang when using a computer, Sometimes i use the letter "U" instead of "You", "R" instead of "Are".
I agree when you write like this: mY nAmEz yAyO 'n' I KeEp SnAkEz it is annoying and just plain silly but i don't think the occassional abreviation is all that bad.

newtosnakes said:
I think the point is that we can't all read and understand it...

Then ppl should ask just as i have done and now i understand :D

I read somewhere that when reading the human eye reads the first and last letters (someone correct me if I'm wrong), and it doesn't matter what order the letters are in between, if the first and last letters are in the right place, you'll read it normally.

I can't remember where I saw that.

I guess I am old school in that I am grateful for my education, and I attempt to appear at all times like I am somewhat intelligent. Admittedly, I can be as nutty as the next person, but I will be a nut as eloquently as possible *giggle*.

AntaresiaLady said:
I read somewhere that when reading the human eye reads the first and last letters (someone correct me if I'm wrong), and it doesn't matter what order the letters are in between, if the first and last letters are in the right place, you'll read it normally.

I can't remember where I saw that.

I guess I am old school in that I am grateful for my education, and I attempt to appear at all times like I am somewhat intelligent. Admittedly, I can be as nutty as the next person, but I will be a nut as eloquently as possible *giggle*.

no u are correct if i can find were i read that i will post it up here. It was a study done in a university in england. :D

An eloquent nut! I love it! I've read the same thing, about the first and last letter being the crucial ones. Remember that hilarious and oh so risque "French Connection U.K." thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back