Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no what i am saying is it happens on 75% of sites. There is a reptile site i visit which will remain silent so i don't break any rules where there is a age limit to join, and because of that the fighting and swipes isn't as much as it is on here. And arguements are conducted in a calm way.

imo aps has too much of a personailty clash and it will never change because of it. Yes it is a shame, but such is life.

Fair comment [mostly]. However, looking back on some of the major arguments that have gone on here, a fair few are from "adults". However, as we welcome "newbies" here as well as the more experienced, it would be very unfair to limit members based on age. Maybe we should take a harder line with people who take "swipes at ppl". We do act when it crops up, but it's very difficult to control peoples emotions.

Of course, if we did take a harder line we'd be accused of being nazis! I've found that you can't win, no matter what approach you take, and as we have so many members, it would be impossible to keep everyone happy!

If anyone has any suggestions as to how to handle this better we'd be very pleased to hear from them by PM. All serious suggestions would be discussed by the mods.

Healthy debate is good for everyone. If we all just agreed with each other it would be pretty darn boring.

Its when it becomes a personal attack that it goes too far. People should be allowed to speak their opinions without being derogatory or insulting to others- I believe if someone has a personal problem with me, or my opinions, then they can pm me, but they'll be warned if they insult me, or call me names then they will be ignored. If I disagree with someone I will do so civilly, I don't have to resort to name calling and the like.

I think this forum is (from what I've read so far) much more civil than other forums I've been on.

And for the record I agree with 'NewtoSnakes' about the intent of the post- call me old school too- but I agree!

I've found on other forums if members take a harder line on those with annoying spelling habits the problems seem to go away rather quickly. Tell the person how stupid they come across when they make posts that contain ridiculous abbreviations, don't answer their questions, give them a link to a website that will help them gain a better grasp of the english language and how to use it correctly.Actually, if I could be bothered I'd post that link now, I'm sure some members could use it.tHatS wat i wuD do to teh kiDz aNyWaYz..... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back