Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecko_ProCs

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
can anyone give me some info on keeping Spotted pythons and what i should have for it in its enclosure and just some general info about them????

thnx...
Cam...

dont have one but was just reading a bit.

Average length is 2.5 feet
water bowl, climbing branch and a hide box. Thats all my book says (only has little basic info on most pythons)
Bout the same setup as most pythons by the sound of it,
am sure more people who have these will add more info
Hope this helps

also i try looking up care sheets for these species ( childrens, spotted, maccie and stimson's ) and alot of them make out that these four are the same type of snake and i am really confused can some-one plz clarify this for me plz
thnx heaps

Cam....

The 4 species are Childrens, Spotted, Stimsons and Pygmy Python. You aren't likely to get a Pygmy Python so forget that one. The other 3 are pretty well identical in their needs, a hot end and a cool end, 30-low/mid 20's. They all eat mice/rats depending on the size of the snake and are very easy to keep. Nothing really special about their requirements.

oh ok cool thnx
yea i just wasnt sure coz all the info on the net is so confusing sometimes
so i figured it would be better to hear it from experienced keepers
thnx heaps guyz you've been a great help

Cam....

It can be very confusing in buying captive ones as there are alot of cross breds out there, that's why you need to find a trusted breeder that knows the origin of his stock.

oh ok
does anyone know of a breeder in the sydney area who may have young spotteds 4sale???
im lookin at gettin one some time in august

You may find it better to wait till Feb / March as much more stock will be available for you to choose from and give you time to work out which type, colour ect. you like. Maccies tend to be a little more bitey than the other two as well, generally speaking....

oh ok
its just that it will be a birthday present
and lucky me b'day is in august :( so im hoping i get lucky and that there will be some stock left :?

Try Bigguy on here. I know he has some left as I am getting another one.

Yes he is, not sure exactly where though but definitely Sydney area.

Bigguy is up on the central coast.

I may be selling a hold back male maccie soon if you are interested, they are not crosses and can give the details of the original breeder. I have to get around to sexing them and if I have too many males then one or two will be up for grabs.

PM me if you are interesed in seeing them.

Cheers
Daz

No idea to be honest, he may not have any left but I think he does.

Really, I was sure he was in Sydney for some reason. I don't know why. Sorry about that. I have his address here as well :oops:

LOL, no worries boa, I know he is definately on the central coast. :D As for macs for sale, I don't know.

Here is my spotted python. it has a water bowl and a hide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back