Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a 7 mth old spottie, who stopped eating for a few weeks.. i was suggested in a post rply to make sure the pinkie was warmed up, i dropped it in some hot water for a few mins.. felt it to make sur it wasnt to hot, and whamo, she took it straight away.. it is stressful.. i was getting really worried.. good luck..hope it all works out..

UPDATE: the little fella is now taking pinkie rats unscented and smasshing 2 a week has grown a heap will get up pics soon its amzing how much this guy loves food and how quickly is growing like a champ

i had the same problem. i spoke to a guy at the retile expo in homebush and he suggested this
-defrost your pinkie and warm it up
-boil the kettle and pour the boiling water into a small bowl
-dry the pinkie off and hold its head and head only in the boiled water for 10 seconds
-dry the head and quickly offer it to your stimmie

this makes the head 'glow' hot and it attracts the snake to them more. i did this with my wheatbelt stimmie, she hadnt eaten for nearly 10 weeks, as soon as i did this BANG she hit it harder than ever and has not refused a feed since. i was so greatful for this piece of info and will use it again in the future if i ever have the same problem. also try offering late in the afternoon, look for some signs from your stimmie like when its head is sitting just at the front of its hide. waiting for dinner kinda thing. just gotta read your snake a bit mate.

hope that helps. dan

i think you have 'misunderstood' this info.. you are ' boilling the head' to 'cook' the pinkies brain.. cooked brain is very strong 'smelling' & most snakes cant refuse it... good info though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back