Stimpson jaw swollen again.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I had a male stimpsons jaw swollen after he ate a big chook for his size and I asked why. His jaw went down the next day but now his jaw is swollen again!!! He hasn't eaten since last time but that is because I only went to feed him again today. I was in Tamworth racing on the weekend so I don't know how long it has been swollen for.He is trying to shed as I write this but I know this has nothing to do with a swollen head as even the top of his head is swollen not just his jaw. I will take him to Terri Bellamy in the morning but untill then has anyone got any idea what might be happening?He is my 4 year old son's snake and he has had him for nearly 3 years now,so NOTHING must happen to this snake!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adam have you tried to open his mouth and have a good look inside with a torch or something.
Might be his teeth,or gums or something like that.
I am thinking infection of some sort.
Vet sounds like the safest bet mate.

Let us know how you get on.
Good Luck!!!

Yeah he is off to the vet in the morning. No I haven't had a look yet, I will right now and get back to you in 5 minutes.

Ok his mouth looked normal but his tracia looked swollen,now alarm bells are sounding off louder than ever!!!!!!! Hurry up and open vet!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back