Stimulus payment info

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amazonian

Reaction score
Stimulus Payment Info.

"This year, taxpayers will receive an Economic Stimulus Payment. This is a very exciting new program that I will explain using the Q and A format:

Q. What is an Economic Stimulus Payment?
A. It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers.

Q. Where will the government get this money?
A. From taxpayers.

Q. So the government is giving me back my own money?
A. Only a smidgin.

Q. What is the purpose of this payment?
A. The plan is that you will use the money to purchase a high-definition TV set or some such thing, thus stimulating the economy.

Q. But isn't that stimulating the economy of China ?
A. Shut up.

Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the Australian economy by spending your stimulus cheque wisely:

If you spend that money at Bing Lee, all the money will go to China .
If you spend it on petrol it will go to the Arabs.
If you purchase a computer it will go to India .
If you buy a car it will go to Japan .
If you purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan .

And none of it will help the Australian economy.

We need to keep that money here in Australia . You can keep the money in Australia by spending it at garage sales, going to a cricket match or footy game, or spend it on prostitutes, beer and wine (domestic ONLY), or tattoos, since those are the only businesses that may still be owned by Aussies.

"Q. But isn't that stimulating the economy of China ?
A. Shut up."

Hahaha.

Mine will be going on rep stuff, and poptarts.

Ours will probably be spent on a (domestic!) family weekend away - although flights to Vantuatu are pretty cheap atm...

Mine will go into the bank for now. I've just deferred uni for the next 12 months with the hope of working full time. So I'm still working casually, but I'm in no position to start wasting money.

Washing machine, Fridge, Couch, Kitchenware and Bond for a new place.

You guys have made me jealous though.... I'd love to get my tatt finished =(

Are these toy washing machines, fridges, couches etc?! :lol: Because I doubt $950 OR $1900 is going to pay for all of THAT akarsha! Maybe one or two of any of what you listed, but definately not all! :lol:

Are these toy washing machines, fridges, couches etc?! :lol: Because I doubt $950 OR $1900 is going to pay for all of THAT akarsha! Maybe one or two of any of what you listed, but definately not all! :lol:

LOL!

Yeah it will go towards all of that.. we'll also be saving our pennies and paying off all debts before renting again. And that's after we get rid of the place we are still paying for, but no longer living in.

Money sucks!

I am buying lot of bonds underwear.

But seriously, If the money would be spent on some meaningful intro structure, like freeways with out toll , or bridges, or rail lines, electricity grid, we all have something to keep for that and lot of people would get job security here in Australia by building it, this would make employment market steady and people would spent as normally.
People are not spending because they are afraid to lose job in near future, and there for they saving for bad times to come.
Quick cash hand out will not give them employment guarantee.
If you have mortgage, you need some secure income to feel safe, not handout.

This sounds bad, but Adolf Hitler, before he started world war 2 and destroyed word,
He started to build auto bans in Germany to give people work.
At those times there was big problems around the world and world crises much worst then now. I must say that he helped Germany with this move and they have this auto bans up to today to drive on.

Enjoy spending my money everyone. Someone actually has to pay for this package ya know and I guess that will be me. Oh, and I reckon you Slatey as well, and you Amazonian.

At least my mum and dad are getting some too so it isn't totally wasted. Saves me buying them a birthday present - I will just say they already got $1,800 off me.

But the biggest winner is my mate that owns a pub. Trust me, lots of this money is staying in Australia. Pubs had their best month ever last December.

Enjoy spending my money everyone. Someone actually has to pay for this package ya know and I guess that will be me. Oh, and I reckon you Slatey as well, and you Amazonian.

At least my mum and dad are getting some too so it isn't totally wasted. Saves me buying them a birthday present - I will just say they already got $1,800 off me.

But the biggest winner is my mate that owns a pub. Trust me, lots of this money is staying in Australia. Pubs had their best month ever last December.

I'm too far to away now to go to that tavern and spend Pete, maybe i should spend it at the Bundy factory instead? Or bank it, acrue some interest and then use it when we then get hit with having to pay it back.

I've already spent mine on an aviary for my coastals, poured the slab yesterday so hopefully i'll get them in tonight :) And whenever the government wants to give me back some of my hard earned tax dollars i'll be willing and waiting to take it off their hands :)

I won't be getting any money. Boo-urns >.<

I know exactly how you feel. Why does this stimulus payment have to means tested? Seems like the people who pay the most tax get the least back. :evil:

I think the idea of means testing goes something along the lines of:
People with lower incomes can't usually throw away 1k for the sake of it so the gov. is giving it to them to help the economy.
People with higher incomes can afford to do that alot easier so they don't need the 1k.

But hey, I don't do economics so I might be wrong and really middle/lower Australia shouldn't be given any help :lol:
People who pay the most tax also earn the most money right? You can't possibly tell me that the people who earn 20k a year would turn down 175k a year because the tax is too high. Why would the government give high earners a break when they're already doing better than everyone else?

The reason I won't be getting any money out of this is because while I don't pay taxes, I also don't get any government support. So I'm off the books.

any idea when the cheques will start turning up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back