Stressed out?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pollock

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey guys im just wondering when your snakes got cloudy eyes does it stress em out when you handle them.

Thanks in advance

Often when they have cloudy eyes they can be skittish or even agressive.
I believe it is because they feel vulnerable, not being able to see, and just not being their usual selves in general.
I know my Olive won't have a bar of me when her eyes are clouded but my Coastal Diamond and Mac are not so worried.

Even so, I like to give all of them their privacy when they are about to shed. I will look in and check on them but never handle unless I have to when they are in this state.

I've heard that handling them when in this state you can damage the skin underneath. I don't know if this is true, but I figure better safe than sorry and leave them alone till they have shed.

my lil dude is a mean when he is in that state.
i stay away till he has finnished

It is good policy to not handle your snake during sheading process if you can avoid it.

best to give them a wide berth at this stage, can stress them causing health probs... may not happen but better to be safe then sorry, you have to remember the welfare of your animals should come first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back