Striped Diamond Pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Must have injected the eggs with a bit of striped paint. :lol:

Nice looking snake.

Pics of the dad?

aa-4.jpg

WOW they are stunning ... your mate is one lucky dude.

once more, if it aint a 'normal' looking snake, everyone jumps on the 'hybrid' bandwagon

LOL

great snakes and I have a friend with this line also and he always cops rubbish when he post's pics, so no wonder unusual snakes are not being posted so much.

congrats on great looking snakes.

j

Pics like that are going to make it very difficult for me to avoid profanity infraction points, haha! Those things are incredible!!! Congrats.

Well last time I recall there was a thread where striped diamonds had been posted and I actually said if you can get striping in all other morelia why not in diamonds.Then the intergrade discussion/debate arose once again only to conclude that the striped diamonds couldn't be pure etc etc even snake relocators and a few experienced diamond breeders like Bob Whitey who even said not once has he ever seen a pure diamond with striping as in dorsal striping.

I stood corrected after that day even though I still thought it was possible to get striped diamonds if you can get other striped morelia like bredli for example which tend to have a standard pattern and a striped one isn't the norm.It would be nice to hear some comments from people who were in the last striped diamond/intergrade debate ,there was pugsly who I haven't seen for a while,B Whitey,I think serpenttongue also commented.

For all those who are question the integrity of the snakes lineage, exactly how many Illawarra/sutherland locale wild diamonds have you seen??

I have personally seen a good 20 odd individuals, the majority of them wild, howver, some are WC animals held in captivity. There is a huge variation amongst the lot of them, particularily within a clutch, some are black and almost patternless, some display high yellow or white colouration, some have a high rosette pattern, others have very little, some display striping (nothing to the extent of the OP pic) and some are even a little carpet like in appearance.

One thing you cannot dispute is the high variability that exists within the morelia complex. Look at variation exhibited in darwins, coastals and bredli for example, why not with diamonds?? I'm sick of people jumping straight onto the band wagon of....that must be a hybrid, when they most likely have had very little to do with Diamonds in captivity, aside from what they see on forums.

As Zobo has pointed out, every time something alittle out of the ordinary is posted, everybody get on the hybrid/integrade bandwagon thereby making anyone reluctant to post who may have something special. Thankfully Jason has thick skin and posted the pic for all to see. Now all you unbelievers.....how many people do you know that have bred multiple generations or clutches of diamonds over a very long period of time??

Can anyone explain why every other feature of it says diamond apart from the dorsal stripe?? They very elongated tail, shape of the head, horseshoe marking on head, rosettes, yellow speckling over the entire body. If it was an integrade/hybrid....why would the only feature that it displays be a dorsal stripe and nothing else?

Last edited:
nice diamonds Jasons friend ;)

You have seen a good 20 hey Josh & the "majority" were wild:lol:

If these have been bred for many generations,have they thrown striped animals like you posted in each clutch they had?

On the Mid North Coast ive came across semi-striped Port Mac Carpets,ones with nearly 3/4 of their body striped.So if i took them and breed them,my chances of producing full striped animals would increase.So why cant people beleive that whoever breed this animal in question hasnt done the same.He couldve started with a pair of semi-striped,and over the years produced some really nice striped animals like this one in question,its not hard to beleive.....As already mentioned,it has happened in Coastals,Bredli,Darwins most Morelias i think with a bit of time and patience you can produce striped Diamonds or the like......MARK

Yeah that's Port Macs which are intergrades,I'd love to hear what zulu,B Whitey and others have to say?

Surely if they are producing striped offspring you'd think having bred them for so many generations that striped animals have already been produced,just wondering,I can see the parents look to be pure but hard to believe pure diamonds like that throwing striped oddly marked offspring.The horse shoe seems to be more common in intergrades and have seen the same on many high yellow diamonds.

I have kept them before however never seen one in the wild and having seen a whole 20 odd animals how many were striped?We know diamonds can vary a lot but how many of you have seen a wild fully striped or 3/4 striped wild diamond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back