Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use the astro turf it looks good and is easy to clean. It can be cleaned using a mild bleach solution then hung on a clothes airer and hosed off completely before leaving it in the sun to dry. The sun also kills of any nasties that may have been left behind.

i use newspaper and fine wood chips. the paper for juvies (as the wood chips could be fatal if ingested) and i use the wood chips for adults. the wood chips can be spot cleaned like sand etc and can help with sheding but the best part about wood chips is it helps cover some of the smell and its not too exspensive. a cheap $5 compressed bag of wood chips will cover the floor of a 4' enclosure with leftover so its not too bad but there are a few that are against it but each to there own. sand isnt as bad as people make it out sometimes as ive kept geckos and all with sand in the past and havent lost any from clogging in the body so its not bad.

i use play sand from bunnings, but have covered most of it with big bits of slate so hes not directly on it all the time, he didnt shed to well when he was completely on sand.

i like it cos its easy to scoop all the wet bits out when he wees or poos and in the 6 months hes had that sand it hasnt gotten smelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back