Sydney Frog & Reptile Expo Castle Hill

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be going for sure, i thought it was great last year, not sure wat day ill go yet, is it the same each day? or wen is the best day to go?

Hire the car! We went last year. Yes, it's crowded and lots of families looking for something different to do with kids, but there are also lots of herp folks to meet, interesting gear, lovely animals, etc. The show helped us pick out our next pythons (the Bredls) and helped us find vendors and prices. Well worth the visit. You never know, you might get lucky and win a RSP from SnakeRanch!

Last year was fantastic..saw animals that I have never seen before. Pygmy python, thorny devil (haven't seen any of them at zoos)etc.
The organisers put a lot of hard work into it all.

Save your money and stay home. Ask someone who is working there to video it for you. would be a 40 minute video and you be more comfortable and won't get ripped off at the food stall.

I went last year and was dissapointed with the value for money. It was very cramped and wasn't much to see.

You see all the animals here through the year or more at the Zoo and can buy other stuff just as cheap at your local supplier.

Don't think I will be going this year unless I am told it has improved.

????? It was one of the best three day weekends ever, I was there every day, and loved every minute. The BBQ on Sat night was fantasic. I didn't think it cost much to get in at all?? The chance to mingle with so many herpers, check out a wide range of reptiles and see Mr Bredli rolling around drunk on the ground isn't to be missed ;)

i also loved the show last year, i took one of my friends and he had never seen anything like it he had a ball and the prizes you could win last year were awesome RSP and the salt n pepper blues.

i WISH i could fly to Sydney again for it, i flew for Macherps and didnt regret it, it was awesome! but i wish i could also go to this one!! i think its a great experience. seeing the herps, and of course chatting to like minded people! all you people have fun and dont forget your camera ;) (like i did grrr)

Nat ;)

The easiest way to get to Castle HIll is to get a lift. I am happy to fill up th e7 seater at the airport if a number of punters want to organise to get there at about the same time. After all, it will be Saturday & Sunday so traffic won't be disastrous.

what time do the gates open for the expo. sorry, couldnt find it anywhere else.
cheers, ian

????? It was one of the best three day weekends ever, I was there every day, and loved every minute. The BBQ on Sat night was fantasic. I didn't think it cost much to get in at all?? The chance to mingle with so many herpers, check out a wide range of reptiles and see Mr Bredli rolling around drunk on the ground isn't to be missed ;)

Tune in this year for another episode. ;)

WOW,... just found out it is $450 to have a sellers table?!!!? Ouch

Hi Gecko

I guess it depends on what are selling. The amount of people you will have passing your table will probably guarantee a lot of stock being sold I imagine.

Here is an update on the BBQ dinner saturday night.

The 2008 Australian Frog & Reptile Show - UPDATE

Saturday Night BBQ - $30 per head. After the show closes at 5pm on Saturday, the venue will be cleared of the general public, and the gates will re-open at 6pm for an informal BBQ. This will be a great opportunity to catch up with like minded individuals, meet new enthusiasts, or just generally have a good time. Entertainment on the night will include performances by renowned Australian musician Phil Emmanuel.

(http://www.jaybees.com.au/philemmanuel/welcome.html).

Tickets can be purchased at the entrance to the show, or at the entrance to the BBQ.

Go to www.wildexpo.com.au for all the details.

i can't wait. mainly because everyone i know is afraid of snakes, it will be nice to meet some people who like them.

I will definately be going to the BBQ - anyone else...?

willia6, do some of the work yourself. Google maps is a freat tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back