Sydney Frog & Reptile Expo Castle Hill

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just feeling lazy but, Would i need my licence with me to purchase a turtle?

Yes. You should have it so the seller knows you are licensed.

And for those who went last year and thought it just OK - this year people will be selling reptiles.

For those thinking of hiring a car at the airport, be aware of the following things:

It will still take you an hour to drive there. 45 minutes if you know Sydney. If you don't know Sydney, take your GPS navigator with a Sydney map in it.

Hire cars don't have Electronic Tolling Tags. And the quickest way to Castle Hill from the Airport involves using the Lane Cove Tunnel which is a cashless toll. Returning to the City you should also be aware the Harbour Tunnel is also cashless.

:p

Hix

Yeehah!
just checked my work roster, and i got that whole weekend off. I'll be at the BBQ! :D

There's no train station at Castle Hill and it is quite some distance from the airport too. You could probably get a train from the airport to either Hornsby, Parramatta or Seven Hills and get a bus from there (i never catch buses so don't take my word for it though).

I reckon you'd be best off hiring a car for the day, it would be well worth the cost IMO. You're looking at 3-5 hours on public transport (if you're flying out that night?). You could cut that down to 2 hours driving time if you hire a car.
Parramatta and Seven Hills are the closest to Castle Hill or you can even get a train to Pennant Hills Station. Buses aren't that great around this area but try the West Bus site which is the local bus bus company at www.westbus.com.au. Good luck. The show was pretty good last year so worth the effort. By the way if you catch a taxi it won't be more than about 15 minute drive from Pennant Hills or Seven Hills station.

Thanks for advise

Thanks to everyone for the advise, have decided to hire a car at the airport, as it seems to be the most convenient thing to do, and save time.

Next question ???????

Who is going to the Sydney Expo on May 2,3,4:lol:

Betty B

Thanks to everyone for the advise, have decided to hire a car at the airport, as it seems to be the most convenient thing to do, and save time.

Next question ???????

Who is going to the Sydney Expo on May 2,3,4:lol:

Betty B

Yep, we will probably head out on the sunday.

Does anyone have any advice on bringing young kids (3yo)? Will a toddler get bored or will there be lots for her to see?

Ive never been to a reptile expo. Do they sell any reptiles?

Jess , there is heaps to see and do .Last year from memory they had a treasure hunt ;)
i'm begging dad to take me on Saturday , but i'm volunteering and helping out on Sunday -:D

Gex,There sure will !!

Good stuff . .. Maybe i can catch it after work on Saturday. Or is Sunday more preferred?
I hope i can find Amyae or Aspers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back