Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MChaz

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, don't know if this has been done to death, just wondering if anyones got an interesting tale to tell about getting tagged by their scaley friend? :)

I'm lucky and have only been tagged once, by my mac when he was only a month old (the day I got him infact). It was only the tip of my finger and it didn't hurt, but I've witnessed my cousin being tagged on the nipple by his jungle and yes, he screamed like a girl! :lol:

I was looking at another thread about how you shouldn't let your guard down (scott_lee86 posted it) and was just thinking, what are some weird places/circumstances/animals that you've been tagged on/in/by? Or a story you've heard?

Cheers
Mel

P.S. I'm not implying anything too nasty so if its TOO rude keep the details to yourself!

ARGH!!!!stop trying to freak me out and give me nightmares.horse bites can be pretty nastyn tho.

Good thread! My best one was during a snake show, Rocky the Scrub python (3.8m at the time) was in the bin and next to go. I opened it up and as he was starting to get super friendly I was a bit complacent. I have never been complacent with ANYTHING since. Lucky he just got me on the hand and it was inside the bin so the 100 or so people in the crowd didn't see the bite. He had a good chew then let go, and when my hand came out to grab the 2-way it was red, as was my arm. Even though I remained still he managed to leave a few teeth with me. Everyone got a good show, I got a bandage (and plenty of dettol later on) and the show continued. I agree with guzzo there too. My best scar (nay, second best after the croc one) is from a rat. Nasty critters.

not so much scaly but more furry. 'dollar' our guinea pig has a thing for fingernails...well i was holding him and for a fella with 2 top teeth and 2 bottom teeth he just about went through the nail....i screamed all sorts of expletives and he loves to bite inbetween your thumb and forefinger.

This is pretty much a daily occurrence now that they love their food.Takes them a little to get going but when they do!

Attachments

• 290320111189.jpg
    290320111189.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 290320111190.jpg
    290320111190.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 290320111191.jpg
    290320111191.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 99
my best bite so far was from my male coastal on Sunday ... it stung more than hurt, it felt like a rose thorn prick.
IMG_8127.JPGIMG_0204.jpg

Another bite I've had was from my male spotted just after breeding season, just as it started heating back up. 2 days after he fed, he decided he wanted more, so he latched on to my hand haha. gotta love them. (not as good of a bite though )

male spotted - IMG_9241.jpgIMG_8426.jpg

I don't have any photos of them latched on :?
bites don't hurt as much as sting (well, that's what it feels like for me anyways)

Last edited:
its not scaly but my friends mum got bit on the boob by our horse she was crying for hours it was pretty funny considering we told her it bites and she said na horses dont bite well this one showed her a thing or two lol and i havent had any real good bites but another friend got bit on the ear by a ferret it wouldent let go then it started to chew he dosent like ferrets no more :D

Thanks guys,

@trouble: Your coastal got you good! I totally agree, its a sting, like a papercut. Its just annoying that it looks worse than it is... all this blood and not a scratch when you clean it up!

And yeah horses can be a pain in the a**... Literally. I haven't been bitten by any of mine, but I was kicked in the butt by one a couple of years ago... It was actually a fat pony with a bossy attitude. Left a good hoofprint on me!

@CamdeJong, OUCH a scrubbie bite!! Lucky it was your arm/hand and not your face or something like that... You wouldnt have got away with that one unnoticed...

I've bit bit by my Bredli, one of my spotted's and my jungle. None hurt, they were all a F off bite, none have latched on...thank god...but I am sure the day will come. :)

My son bite my boob when I was feeding him he was 10 months old at the time, that hurts.

My mate got bitten on the wrist by his olive python, for a big burly bricky he screamed like a girl
It swelled up pretty good
Must have hurt.

my worst so far is a (chew) from a 1.3m sandy got me between the thumb and pointer and kept chewing around my hand untill i wormed him off... (we where force feeding at the time) everyone thought it was to funny to help me at the time had to deal with it myself while everyone was laughing....... goooood times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back