'Taming'/handling an angry little dragon...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my pleasure LadyJ! :)

im sure he'll turn into a snugglepot for u! :)

(cuddles in front of the telly at night work a treat too, put him between layers of clothing and he'll snuggle in for hours! :) )

my pleasure LadyJ! :)

im sure he'll turn into a snugglepot for u! :)

(cuddles in front of the telly at night work a treat too, put him between layers of clothing and he'll snuggle in for hours! :) )

Thank you again! Hehe, haven't yet tried it with my beardie... however if he takes to it in a similar fashion to my blue-tongue I'll be fine!
:D

He's now seemingly mellow, allowing me to gently stroke the top of his head until he closes his eyes and relaxes, settling back into the normal breathing pattern and putting down his beard.

I always thought when they shut their eyes like that, it meant they were unhappy, but trying to be non-confrontational about it! Mine does it all the time, but I've never had the impression it's because she liked me stroking her face! :p

Mine also loves it when I sit in from of the telly for cuddles, with lots of blankets to hide in, and a heated up wheat bag to warm us both! She's an absolute sucker for that wheat bag ;)

I always thought when they shut their eyes like that, it meant they were unhappy, but trying to be non-confrontational about it! Mine does it all the time, but I've never had the impression it's because she liked me stroking her face! :p

Mine also loves it when I sit in from of the telly for cuddles, with lots of blankets to hide in, and a heated up wheat bag to warm us both! She's an absolute sucker for that wheat bag ;)

Hehe, aww, valid point about the eyes closed! I'd heard on a few other sites it was from being relaxed - but hey, guess now I know.
My bluey's a sucker for his wheat bag (wheat sock... that's laziness to sew one on my part!), as soon as my little guy (beardie) wakes up I might have to bring him out for a bit.
:D

ha, this gives me some hope, i have had my hold back from this years breeding since be was hatched, and he has been tryin to eat me since he hatched, he still trys now, absolutley hates me!! but he will eat anything out of my hand, just hates being picked up, bites, flares ups, everything! but i have been handling him since he hatched!! i still try and handle him at least twice a week, plus when he gets taken out for cleaning, guess i will just have to keep trying!! :(

ha, this gives me some hope, i have had my hold back from this years breeding since be was hatched, and he has been tryin to eat me since he hatched, he still trys now, absolutley hates me!! but he will eat anything out of my hand, just hates being picked up, bites, flares ups, everything! but i have been handling him since he hatched!! i still try and handle him at least twice a week, plus when he gets taken out for cleaning, guess i will just have to keep trying!! :(
I'm by no means extremely experienced but I've found what helps with me is to have a little blanket or cloth... I hold him wrapped up in it and he seems to calm down. It's helped a lot, he also tends to sleep in it so I guess he must feel safe in there.
:)

aw just seemed like a scared lil guy my coastal was a night mare wen i fist got him bit me the whole time he was out always striking my face i thought to myself im goin to have fun with him i called him rascal "pg" version of what i use to call him wen he went for my face but i just keep getting him out when ever he got angry i use to just grab him and move him around til he settled like you's do with ur lizards except uz rub them :) ive been thinkin bout gettin a lil dragon lately still not sure yet

aw just seemed like a scared lil guy my coastal was a night mare wen i fist got him bit me the whole time he was out always striking my face i thought to myself im goin to have fun with him i called him rascal "pg" version of what i use to call him wen he went for my face but i just keep getting him out when ever he got angry i use to just grab him and move him around til he settled like you's do with ur lizards except uz rub them :) ive been thinkin bout gettin a lil dragon lately still not sure yet

Hehe, surprising as it he's now the most mellow animal you could ask for (nothing on my shingleback however!) - glad someone bumped... can't believe how upset I was, just comes down to patience!

Glad to hear your costal's settling... mind giving some hints for a bredli? Hehe, he's beautiful... but... :lol:

Well I dont ant beardies but I do have some uncoperate snakes Id say if your beardies angry just leave it alone when you do have to move it just be slow and gentles as you can be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back