Telemarketers....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha!!

I just start to talk like them and try to sell them stuff,
They just hang up and somethings they keep on calling back so i have a go at them.
You should lissen to what my other family members are like to them and i thought i was bad...

I am polite as long as they are. But if I have said i am not interested and they keep talking I will eventually hang up.

We once had a guy trying to sell us dodgy holiday vouchers (I know they were dodgy cos we had bought them a few years before) who rang back 7 times over the space of 4 hours!!!
My husband listened to him, told him we had got the vouchers before and that they had misrepresented the offer so we wouldnt buy them as we had never ended up using the original ones. This went on for 20 mins before my husband (who is the politest person I know) hung up, as we had to go out.

I got home first and the phone rang within 10 mins, with the same guy telling me that my husband had just been about to purchase some vouchers but that the connection had been interupted.(sneeky)

I told him that I had heard the conversation and my husband was NOT planning on purchasing the vouchers. He then spent 45 mins trying to convince me to buy them before I hung up.

He rang back........ again and again. I took the phone off the hook for 2 hours but it rang about 10 minutes after i had hung it up.

After the 6th time my husband rang the head office in Sydney to complain and to ask that our number be taken out of their database.
He had just hung up from this when the phone rang again!!!
Paul told him we had called his company and made a complaint about his harassment and hung up!
He didnt call back THANK GOODNESS!!!!

Well my nan plays the 'old person' card and starts talking loud saying 'I CANT HEAR YOU' and then she talks over them saying it them hangs up ;P My bro when he was young asked one if they wanted to hear the sound of a truck reversing and then hung up

the charities calling up. It doesn't apply to them, only the telephone sales people are barred.
Which is fine but I get offended when they call and ask for a donation with the lowest level being $300!!
If they are asking me to support them I think it is rude to tell me how much I am expected to donate.
I tell them this and then they are like "what ever you can afford is fine", to which I say well thats not what you said before, so I am not giving you anything.

I go for the "im so glad you called, ive just had the worst day and i need to speak to someone about it" way. It works a treat! They listen for about ten minutes trying desperately to politely get there products into the conversation, but of course its a complete failure.

What really gets me angry is when they come to your door. My old nan (90) is too nice and not firm enough to shut the door and say no, and she cant see who it is to open the door. One time i was at her house with my uncle when my nan tried to shut the door and he put his arm inbetwee, my uncle charged up and tackled him as hard as he could to the ground..

P.S she hasnt had a door to door salesperson since!! :p :p :p

i will usually do a survey - if someone calls needing that done ill help out if its quick but if they try to sell me something - no thanks

I keep saying 'I beg your pardon " in the end they get the grumps and hang up ;)
except for one time when I told them I like to buy in Australia from Australians keeping the whole money thing in our country etc ,so wasnt interested in doing business from India ...and hung up, as she was getting all huffed at me ..then only to be rung back by her manager ,10 mins later and abused(swearing at me calling me a stupid Fing AUSSIE bitch ,who called me racist ,for not wanting to do business with India...go figure ...well you know what I told him to do with his elephants now after that call ...

i think the ttelemarketers are geting very rude...... we get the around about 4 times a day at work i work in a chain company..... usually they ask like he one yeasterday may i speak to the business owner? when i politly explained the business owner did not work in the store they hung up on me.
and they think we are rude he didn't even ask for the number to call he owner
but generally i usually do talk o them unless we are really busy in he store and hen i hang up on them

I love the ones who bash on your door at 7pm onwards and try and flog off all sorts of things. I'd love to have a pet Grizzly I could sick onto them :p ....that'd be the coolest!

I love the ones who bash on your door at 7pm onwards and try and flog off all sorts of things. I'd love to have a pet Grizzly I could sick onto them :p ....that'd be the coolest!
You only gotta answer your door with one of your tigers moose and say Hold this while I get my wallet ;)

i dont have to! i'm on the Do Not Call national register:
https://www.donotcall.gov.au/
once you're on here the only people who can call you selling stuff, are companies you already have a service with. e.g. your bank or existing phone service provider.

Exempt organisations include:
  • charities or charitable institutions
  • educational institutions
  • religious organisations
  • government bodies
  • registered political parties
  • independent members of parliament
  • political candidates
"the register and industry standard are designed to minimise and regulate unsolicited telemarketing calls in Australia. "

The calls from overseas are not obliged to adhere to our code of conduct..

one of my best friends works in a call centre (he doesnt sell people stuff hes just the point of call if u have any problems with or involving his company) funniest thing is he hs south african and comes home with the funniest stories - people litteraly scream at him and say they want to talk to someone in australia and hes like umm im in dickson (a suburb in canberra).......lol funny as

Could this help you?

[video=youtube;hllDWSbuDsQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hllDWSbuDsQ[/video]

i will usually do a survey - if someone calls needing that done ill help out if its quick but if they try to sell me something - no thanks
Yeh but they are getting sneaky now. You do a little survey and then a week later you get someone calling, telling you that because you did a survey they are offering to refinance you or offer timeshare or something.
That really annoys me cos if they had told me there would be a follow up call I never would have done the survey.

Or maybe this one is better for you:

[video=youtube;un_PjRXV5l8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un_PjRXV5l8[/video]

Have a look at the Fone Jackers on youtube, its really funny, they pretend to be telemarketers and try and get peoples bank account details!!

I solved the problem of telemarketers by having my land-line disconnected. Haven't had an unwanted call in 6-7 years.
Door-knockers from the power companies really annoy me. They always come late in the afternoon and tell lies about being your current gas/electricity provider. "Hello, I'm from your Gas company and we've just realised your not getting our latest money-saving deal. Can I please check one of your bills" etc etc. I tell them they wouldn't need to look at my bill if they were really from my provider so P... OFF!

I lub telemarketers! :D
This is what i do when i'm disturbed by them, if i'm not in the mood I ask them if i could have their home number so that i can ring and try to sell them needless crap while they and their family are trying to eat their dinner, they usually apologise and hang up BUT if i need a laugh i use a technique taught to me by the little britian show, i get them to repeat themselves. How? :lol:
I let them spew forth their sales pitch and then i simply say "sorry i didn't get that, could you please say it again?" they usually get the hint i'm screwing with them especially when they've had to repeat themselves 3x! LOL! :twisted:

I love listening to my dad talk to them.
He questions, negotiates, and attacks, but all so reasonably, logicaly
and politely that they can't get annoyed back.
Its so funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back