Telemarketers....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Do Not Call register only lasts three years then you have to renew it. Found that out this week as the calls started again after three years of bliss. Personally I think if you want to receive calls there should be a Do Call list then all the rest of us can be left in peace, especially the elderly or vulnerable groups.

My husband usually just says....no thanks...and hangs up. But last night he had some fun. A woman rang and offered him a cheap or "free" holiday on the Gold Coast. Well, we already live in a beach side holiday area here in WA., so Brian just kept telling her we don't want a holiday because we already live in a holiday area and life is one big holiday and it costs us nothing.....she just couldn't get her head around it at all.....

I get telemarketers calling my work. There's one that always asks to speak to the owner of the business, when I say that he's not in, they hang up on me. I've now started hanging up on them as soon as I hear 'owner of the business'.
There's also ones that don't ask to speak to the person in charge and they just start going on about changing our call rates and line rental and after about 5mins I get a chance to say... "umm.. I don't actually have any say in what happens with our phone accounts, I'm not the owner" .. and only then do they ask to speak to the owner, in which case I say they're not there and end the call.
There's also the ones that are automated, you pick up the phone and a recorded voice says 'please hold, a call is being transfered' .. then I just hang up before it transfers.

Sometimes if they ask who the owner is and when they'll be in the store I give them a false name and a time that I know no one will be there.

one just rang me.... telling me "how they will install my free insulation" and i just said what and she repeated herself and then i hung up. stupid. if theyre giong to call me at least speak english... no offence, but i cant stand talking to people who are asian/indian and have no idea how to string together a sentence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back