Telemarketers....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i work in a call centre and up until a month ago i was selling phones for vodafone. calling people and offering them a new or better deal mainly. i've had a few trouble customers but generally they are pretty good and will listen cause its a 9-5 job most people are at work and dont have time. now im doing debt collecting for westpac and theres a lot more people think im selling stuff and demand to be on the do not call register but cause its a bank the do not call doesnt apply to us and we keep calling.
i tend to get abused mainly if its a guys account and i get his wife on the home number they demand to know what its about and i cant say anything because of privacy laws.

I put the phone down but do not hang up. I came back to see if they were still on line after 20mins and they were still talking about what ever it was they were trying to sell.

I was cleaning my snake tanks one afternoon and saw a door to door salesman walking towards the front door so I got my bredli (6ft) and put it around my neck. When I opened the front door and he saw the snake around my neck he took a few steps back and said that he will see if my neighbour is home instead.

telemarketers - i just say not interested, when they keep carrying on, i just repeat what they say like a parrot, that gets em ...

jehovah's witness or any other preachers - i just open the door naked, scratching my u know what ...

I almost wet myself listening to that one, can't find it now.

I was so gunna quote that episode. One of my all time faves. There is that one that got sent around on emails too where the guy made out he was a crime scene investigator that started questioning the caller about his where abouts at the time of the murder. Gold.

Here - for both of you:

YouTube - Tom Mabe funny phone call

[video=youtube;J5z4Vs26-TI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5z4Vs26-TI[/video]

yeah good one bfg23
thats their way of making a living
whats the point in leading them on and making a joke of it?
grow up

agree with you here. i just tell them im not interested and say goodbye, but i dont hangup on them. no point being rude to them when they're only trying to make a living :)

Any longer than a 2 second delay usually brings the phone crashing down. Hopefully it's not my elderly grandmother wanting to discuss her will or anything :p :lol: (That's a joke by the way, she's dead...actually....they all are :?)

Lately we've been receiving "Would you like to go on a holiday?" calls, they do they're 5 second spiel, then i politely say no thanks, they try with the "but do you not like holidays?" so i say that im not interested and if they continue i simply hang up.

WOW.
all u people treat telemarketers real nicely, my dad carries on and calls them names for about 2 mins! its horrible, i feel sorry for all the telemarketers that ring my house. When i anwser the phone they usually ask for my parents, i just say there not home and to ring back later, they never do :D

i tell them im not interested and if they keep going i put the phone down and lt them ramble on to themself. i usally come back to the phone in 15 minutes and their gone

I found the Do not mail list on the site and it's free to register:

Do Not Mail Service

There used to be a do not call register also. I work for Telstra and this is one of the sites that are provided if a cust wants to opt out of marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back