Tennant for arboreal enclosure?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
I am looking at building a rainforest type arboreal enclosure in the coming weeks, just use a fishtank on its side and deck it out with a nice fake background, wood, mosses, live plants and possibly fake plants and vines. No idea how big it will be yet, need to work out whats going in first. Looking for an arboreal dragon, skink or gecko that will do well in a humid enclosure. Was thinking Hypsilurus spinipes? What size enclosure would i need for a pair of them? What other arboreal skinks gex or dragons could i use?

Actually i have a pair of pink tongues here, would they be suited to a tall enclosure or would they prefer more floor space?

jacky dragons are an arborial species,although probly not suited to an enclosure with high humidity

Definately go for a pair of Boyds. You can arrange the logs so that they perch themselves front and centre for optimal viewing.

Pink tongues are a bit to shy for my liking, and rarely active during the day.

I have my Pinktounges ( one formally Serpenttongues ;) ) in a large outdoor avairy, they climb around well, even up the side wall to sit on the light. They are out basking most sunny mornings and afternoons and out hunting at night, even on some cooler nights up till about June, they hide during the middle of the day when it cops full sun.

Definately go for a pair of Boyds. You can arrange the logs so that they perch themselves front and centre for optimal viewing.

Pink tongues are a bit to shy for my liking, and rarely active during the day.

Boyds are a little out of my privd range atm so wat bout spinipes?" sorry booze involced with my terrivle typing

yeah...maybe you should lay off the booze for a while...can you see straight? walk straight?
hope you feel ok when you wake up :p

i think angle headed dragons would be good. love to climb up high.

boyds and all that are good, but like 600 each? go for some eastern water dragons :) theyre champs

yeah...maybe you should lay off the booze for a while...can you see straight? walk straight?
hope you feel ok when you wake up :p

i must remember to never drink again lol or at least choose the bed insted of the computer lol

bredli! say it with me now, BREDLI! hehe

dont think bredli would go well in a rainforest type enclosure and i'm not really a snake man, i find lizards alot more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back