that really sucks..r.i.p filter..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Without sounding insensitive, the sorrow should be secondary to the suspected reasons for this euthanasing of an animal. You MUST NOT put any other snake into the enclosure it occupied - if it was viral (as it sounds like), you must either sterilise it with F10 or VirkonS used as the instructions indicate), or dispose of it. Vet should have cautioned you about the prospects of it being a very contagious viral disease - this seems to be the most likely cause in the absence of other factors. The other possibilities he/she suggested seem far fetched to me.

Jamie.

Without sounding insensitive, the sorrow should be secondary to the suspected reasons for this euthanasing of an animal. You MUST NOT put any other snake into the enclosure it occupied - if it was viral (as it sounds like), you must either sterilise it with F10 or VirkonS used as the instructions indicate), or dispose of it. Vet should have cautioned you about the prospects of it being a very contagious viral disease - this seems to be the most likely cause in the absence of other factors. The other possibilities he/she suggested seem far fetched to me.

Jamie.

nar all cool he did give me the run down on the viral part and ive used a healthy 'the right' amount of f10 on everything he was in contact with.. so touch wood there wont be any more problems... he was also in a my tarantula room with no other reptiles..so i hope inverts cant contract it...

RIP Filter....may you slither free in the Summerlands Blessed Be

I am so sorry for your loss, it is heart breaking when we lose those we care about
Kind regards and condolences
Crystal

I can only imagine what it feels like. Ive only had my girl a few days and havent even handled her and already ive grown so fond of her. Chin up champ!!! Very sorry to hear about your loss.

nar all cool he did give me the run down on the viral part and ive used a healthy 'the right' amount of f10 on everything he was in contact with.. so touch wood there wont be any more problems... he was also in a my tarantula room with no other reptiles..so i hope inverts cant contract it...

Sounds good. Your inverts will be fine.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back