The 2010 Australian Herpetological Symposium, Cairns, Oct 1, 2, & 3

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pythoninfinite

Hello APS members, some news about this forthcoming big event in Far North Queensland!

Scales & Tails Australia is proud to announce that it is now a sponsor for this event, more details of which will be in the September edition of the magazine, and will be in the post from mid next week (it's currently at the printers...)

We are also please to advise that ExoTerra has come aboard as a sponsor as well, and the founder and manager of ExoTerra, Emmanuel Van Heygen, will be giving a presentation on 'extreme field' herping at the Symposium.

This event promises to be one of the biggest yet held in this country, and boasts a fantastic lineup of international and local speakers, including Michael Cermak, a leading GTP breeder, well known to members of APS.

Stay tuned for more details...

Jamie

I know that we haven't heard much about the Australian Herpetological Symposium since it was first announced over a year ago, with some people wondering if it was still going ahead. As Jamie says however, yes it is definitely on. Scales & Tails Australia, along with Exo Terra, are delighted to have joined the list of sponsors over the last couple of weeks and we are looking forward to what we believe will be a very rewarding weekend.

We have a great article with more info about it in our September Issue, which will be available from newsagencies and stockists in a little over a week's time.

As this event has been organised for 1,2,3 October, time is now running out fast, so don't just wait for our magazine to come out, go check it out for yourself at www.izoo.com.au.

I'll look forward to catching up with some of you there.
Cheers
Joy

Thats quite a coup Joy, congratulations! :D

Michelle

Way too expensive but good luck with it anyway.

Way too expensive but good luck with it anyway.

Its not that bad Rams,return air fares and accomodation,theyve done a package deal,so basically they make about 100 dollars a person if that to bring in some overseas personel to show you how things are done.:)
Your loaded rams,spend spend spend !

Its not that bad Rams,return air fares and accomodation,theyve done a package deal,so basically they make about 100 dollars a person if that to bring in some overseas personel to show you how things are done.:)
Your loaded rams,spend spend spend !

Haha.
No I think I will pass,looking at the website I can't see who is organising it and they want you to send a cheque to a PO box.

Tell me if you should reconsider Rams,just like a little holiday,ile look after all your greens and albinos and stuff,least i can do.
Go via Hawaii,splash out and relax a bit,youll get the fee off of the tax if you listen to Peter Johnson.(or go to gaol) :lol:

Will the location cost a lot more for most keepers to attend? Wouldn't it be better held in the center of Aussie herpland? If not Newcastle then, say Sydney.

Why didnt they try include this symp on the weekend of the syd rep expo? Why does the line up of speakers demand a such a big ticket price or am i missing something here?

Habitat Systems? Does this mean they'll be selling in Aust?? Man I hope so, they've got some awesome enclosures!

Kurto, an opportunity knocking - Habitat Systems franchise in Australia?

The symposium line up of speakers looks brilliant, being a huge fan of GTP's I would particularly like to see Rico Walders talks (yes, & yours Michael!). But unfortunatly for me, with a mortgage & young family, the price of this event is way out of my league. I didn't see anything on the registration form about including flights in the price? It makes me wonder what demographic the organisers are aiming this event at?

Does new sponsors on board mean a new "cheaper" package deal?

Does new sponsors on board mean a new "cheaper" package deal?[/QUOTE

I can't answer your question regarding 'cheaper' package deals, or any other questions regarding costs I'm sorry, because I'm not one of the organisers.

Scales & Tails Australia's involvment is to help with the promotion of the Symposium and to help keep everyone informed of what is planned in the future as well. We'll also be bringing further reports after the event. As you are aware, we always endeavour to support any event that we believe is going to help to raise public awareness of, and further promote, our wonderul hobby. I'm positive that the Symposium in Cairns is going to do just that and personally I can't wait to catch up with some of those fabulous speakers. It's just a shame that I can't take 'time out' and have a great holiday while I'm up there in that wonderful part of the world, but we'll be on deadline for our November issue at that time, so it will be a rushed trip for me.

I know that there are some of you who would really like to make the trip to Cairns but for one reason or another just can't do it, well perhaps you might be able to make the trip to our Reptile Festival in Ipswich in November and we can catch up with you then. There's more about that in a different thread though, as this thread is about the Symposium in Cairns.

We wish the organisers well and will look forward to catching up with some of you in Cairns.

Why didnt they try include this symp on the weekend of the syd rep expo? Why does the line up of speakers demand a such a big ticket price or am i missing something here?

i think you are missing something on several levels.

1. herping around sydney in may is not that good!
2. the lineup of speakers are the best in the world, you cannot even get to see most of those guys speak in the US.
3. it must cost a fortune to bring them all downunder, but the cost of the ticket is worth it for the quality.
4. you will miss out on the best line-up of speakers ever put on in Australia, and all the knowledge they can pass on.

and wokka, it is being held in the centre of Aussie Herpland, see you there.

good work Scales and Tails

Their web site has been updated - check out the photo competition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back