The Bockadam (Cerberus rynchops)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in Aus til I was 10 (canberrra - sydney) then the states from 10-16 (Virginia, east coast, right near DC). Now I'm back in Sydney :) Didn't keep herps til i moved OS.

Speaking of live vs dead fish etc, does anyone know of a good place to get cheap feeder fish? My keelbacks readily take dead but I'd like to give them live (you hear about thymine enzymes in frozen fish etc etc). At 50c a fish from the local shop they'd be awefully expensive to feed. There are feral Litoria fallax around the place now, might go out and catch me a bucket full :) The keelbacks would adore me forever!! Without having any experience with bockadams at all, my guess is that you'd easily get them to eat dead fish if you raised them from neonates. An adult keelback that has only eaten live food will be an absolute bastard to get onto dead (I've heard of many trying, but none succeeding), but if you get hatchlings it's very easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back