The Human Specie, why are we all the same?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AUSHERP

Reaction score
I recently read that Kenyan people's lungs are actually 30% larger than say, an Australian's.
Their average height is taller than ours and their legs are longer proportionally in relation to their torso. Isn't this coupled with the difference in pigmentation, habitat, diet and lifestyle enough to divide us in more than race/locality?
Should we not be Homo Sapiens Australiaensis and Homo Sapiens kenyaensis?
I have also read that races were considered ssp. until the 70's I think it was, but further genetic testing proved it wrong. Which then brings us to, Let's say
Nephrurus Levis Levis and N.L.Pilbarensis, are we so politically correct that we cannot divide humans the same way?
Just a topic I always find interesting, purely scientific. Not derogatory in any way.

I love this question. It's political correctness gone mad. We are taught that all people are the same when clearly we are different because to say otherwise would label you as a racist. It will be interesting to follow this thread I think

I think you need to watch Ancient Aliens S1 and S2...
You will lose your mind watching the genetics and DNA parts.... :O

It seems every time I raise this question it ends in a racial war, but that is obviously not what we are talking about here. I thought posting here amongst people who understand the fundamentals of ssp. In relation to reptiles we could have a serious discussion.
@ mudimans, It is political correctness gone mad!!
@ ezekiel86 I'll look it up.....

Ausherp you will love it ..but need 2 start at S1 E1 and then you will have to watch E2 and then like after E18ish you will be hanging for S3 like everyone else that started watching it ... Its an Eye opener :D

Different races are probably still considered ssp by many but actually putting the label on it wouldn't make any difference to whether we actually are or not. and where would you stop. language and accent are reflective of the environment in which we live, so do we seperate our own countrymen H.s. westaustraliaensis. I don't think it's just about political correctness but rather the to bloody hard basket.

It isnt possible to be racist, humans arnt considered seperate subspecies, they are just differant locality types which are being destroyed by outbreeding (i dont have a problem with this hybrid chicks are usually hot).

In order to accurately split humans into subspecies you would first need a clear definition of what a subspecies is. This doesnt exist, but even under what does exist i find it hard to see how humans could be accurately split. There is no practical benifit of splitting humans into differant taxa either.

hey ausherp,
this to has bothered me like why sudanese peeps make better basketballers than a marjority of white people? here is a link i found that may help in the possible explaination. apparently it has to do with DNA
Confusions About Human Races

This is nothing new....

Aboriginies were once considered a seperate species.. wonder what happened to them???

American indians were once considered a seperate species... hmmmm

South American indians were seen as a seperate species by the spanish..... are they still there???

I'm pretty sure the political government of Germany in the 1930s - 40s also used their scientist to classify the aryan race as a seperate human species... anybody got a copy of their findings, results and testing.. I can't find any info on it for the life of me if they proved it or not.

So you see this has been done before over the centuries......

Sub species??? or should it be sub morals?? maybe sub inteliigence???

Last edited:
This is nothing new....

Aboriginies were once considered a seperate species.. wonder what happened to them???

American indians were once considered a seperate species... hmmmm

South American indians were seen as a seperate species by the spanish..... are they still there???

Sub species??? or should it be sub morals?? maybe sub inteliigence???

I havnt heard of differant humans having full species status, but a few hundred years ago people didnt even know about evolution etc. so its easy to imagine they wernt perfect at taxonomy.

By the standards used by many splitters it quite easy to see why humans used to be split into subspecies. Especially when populations were practically isolated. Depending on where you draw the line between differant subspecies will define if humans are all the same subspecies. I suspect for practical reasons subspecies will either be made redundant or simply defined so all humans can stay lumped together, by the time an accurate accepted definition can be formed.

Because we are genetically one species, like selective and line breeding a single species you end up with genetic mutations. The aspects that are being touted here as indicators of race or ssp are mutations. White skin is a mutation, not a new species. At one point in our history there were probably less than 3000 females alive. Thats a very small genetic pool over a very large area.

Last edited by a moderator:
But body size, accent, limb development, hair growth ETC could be considered as indicators of spp.

So are white people Hypomelanistic Africans?

Other way around... Africans are hypermelanistic humans as the basis of normality throughout human history is "white".... thought that would have been clear given our recorded history... It would be the same as the Morelia sp. Morelia spilota spilota being archetypal and everything else from there a sub-species...

I don't understand the need for political correctness... we're all sub-species of one kind or another. :lol: Some people just take themselves too seriously. Guaranteed they're mutts. ;)

I don't understand the need for political correctness... we're all sub-species of one kind or another. :lol: Some people just take themselves too seriously. Guaranteed they're mutts. ;)

Yeah... but you would'nt want the purist segregating you or calling you ugly now would you just cause your a hybrid or should i say intergrade lol.

Imagine all the justifications we can give towards each other when we are divided into sub-species... oh wait :rolleyes:

On a side note.... Is this why Madona and Angelina keep adopting kids, are they just keeping different localities/sub-species of humans in their collection?

Last edited:
wouldn't it be a mixture of interbreeding just like with animals?? have sexual relations with a pom and your french your going to get a bit genetically from each, so why cant the same happen but generations past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back