The New Guy Snake Lover.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gen3ls1

Reaction score
Hey there every one im new to this site and love snakes. Many of my friends have snakes and i am now lookin at gettin my license and purchasing my own. Any suggestions to an ideal species to own as a pet. A good friend of mine has a beautiful snake her name is angel and has the best temperament, she is a carpet x diamond. Any ideas on where i could find a carpet x diamond baby. Cheers, Jai.

DON'T CROSS BREED. Just go for a normal species. If cross breeding occurs, then there will be no true pure breeds.

Just my opinion, don't take it to heart. Why no go for a Stimmi or something similar? They are a lovely python.

Yeah i would avoid crosses too. If you want something like a carpet to start off with try a murray darling or a bredli. Both very hardy snakes and are usually good handlers.

Mate i just got my first snake i jungle carpet python dnt believe the myths

If you like the looks of the diamond x carpet, maybe go for a port mac hatchling, they look similar but arent a hybrid, gorgeous snakes =)

Hey thanks for the feed back guys. Yeah i really like the jungle pythons Waikare. Thanks for the info Vixenbabe, do u have any pics of a port mac. Cheers, Jai.

ahh yes i vote jungles to theyre so pretty!
orrr murray darling, they are really nice to, such puppy dogs. but not as PRETTY as jungle :p

Welcome to APS!
In my opinion... STAY AWAY FROM CROSSES! We have so many beautiful animals without human interference it's not necessary to do stupid things like that. Besides, a snakes temprement is not based soley on it's species...but rather on the individual snake.

Hey thanks for the feed back guys. Yeah i really like the jungle pythons Waikare. Thanks for the info Vixenbabe, do u have any pics of a port mac. Cheers, Jai.

Heres my 5yr old port mac girl (photo taken by Greg Hollis)

F_PMC_6.jpg

Hopefully glimmerman and mungus might pop in to show you a few, they have some stunners =)

What a beautiful girl u have there vixenbabe, love her colours and markings. How demanding are they with there feed and enclosure. and wat are they like as a handling snake. I see ur in QLD.

How would the port mac go in colder temps as i live in Newcaslte NSW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back