There's GTPs and then there's GTPs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you prefer this one without the peppering.

Attachments

• GTP.jpg
    GTP.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 349
Now those two, are absoloute stunners, I love the pepered ones aswell :) Nice Job.

my favourite type are the high yellows, those last ones are mind blowing! im pm'ing you right now bout them

Warwick, they are stunning. Kofiau Canaries I assume ? Do they have blue tongues ?

re There

Wasnt a fan of the black spotted GTPs,but that green and blue with all the black on it is looking very good,those canary ones well it just showing off! ime dribblin on the keyboard :lol:

The only one's I've liked are the Canary Chondros and yes I agree they will hold their dollar value being not so common as other lines however they aren't the real deal Australian Green Tree Pythons which is just like owning and breeding then selling exotics legally due some amnesty and the ones not handed in when the amnesty happened then get written onto the books eventually when animals die from prolapse etc most likely due to ppl crossing species of different locality morphs, even their morphology is different, then realise you can't just treat them like a regular carpet python with things such as feeding and handling not to mention husbandry which is not so difficult at all just a bit diffeent to carpets however many seem to and end up with prolapse problems still along with kinked tails.

I have a friend who has a few and feeds small food items waiting for them to pass them before feeding again and for those who haven't seen these animals or Greens in general before, do you realise how big the hatchlings are and have you sat and watched what they do when they defacate?They actually look like they are prolapsing when they defacate now I assume in the wild there would be no problems with prolapsing so why do so many prolapse in captivity?

Personally I don't think anything beats a TRUE AUSSIE Green which are tiny animals with a different lovely green colouration along with a different head shape to most other GTP's.They also get that lovely dorsal patterning of white and yellow scales and I doubt would throw a clutch any larger than a TRUE rainforest type jungle not like some GTP's that have clutches of 30 or more and then the breeder asks astronomical amounts of money for animals that aren't even native to the country yet many pertain to be purists..what a joke:lol:

As said there are GTP's and there are GTP's and other than the exotic Canary forms posted which I like but the others look nothing like a green python from Australia does nor do the Canary form and aren't even a nice green colour. I'm just giving my opinion I really don't like these mite phase chondros and many other forms however we haven't really had much of a chance to obtain Pure Australian Iron Range GTP'S and there should have been many more around than there are now as many were collected and bred in decent numbers but many of these dided from one breeder I personally know right to the adults and others were confiscated hence leaving us with not much choice to purchase anything but imported exotic lines which may be the same species but are still very different to our own native GTP's which we should have the chance to purchase and someone given a collectors licence then breeding and selling the offspring at a reasonable price as it just seems that those with deep pockets end up with GTP's being in it mainly fo the money but the ppl buying GTP's have no choice but to get exotic lines such as the ones posted as TRUE Australian 100% legal greens are like trying to find a pin in a haystack.At one stage there were the very rare few who had TRUE Aussie forms yet now more seem to be popping up all the time which is another can of worms yet to be opened how these just started popping up being more available than ever yet ridiculous prices like the ones we've seen have to be forked out if you want them and to me no snake is worth hat much!!!

I think they look absolutely FANTASTIC!!!! I will own one one day.

My husband thinks in the middle pic they look like satay sticks!!!!!:D:D:D:D

Oooh I like the peppered ones, not normally a fan of GTPs (I know, blasphemy!) but those look great!

Funny how the canarys have only been known for the last 4 years or so and they are already in aussie collections.

Last edited:
correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the aussie GTP's have the white dots along the spine?:(
If this is so wouldn't these GTP's be imported lines and not worth anywhere near as much?
Just going off pics described as true aussie GTP's on a poster of chondros from a magazine we would all be familiar with.....

Last edited:
wokka may i ask who the canarys came from? i havent seen any at all in australia till now. i have seen high yellows but not kofoi islands... assuming thats what they are and i wont be easily convinced otherwise. were they bred in australia? amazing looking animals. something about whole coloured greens that grabs me. love complete green, blue or yellow GTP's

Funny how the canarys have only been known for the last 4 years or so and they are already in aussie collections. How did those make it into the country Warwick? Nice animals though. Just a pity they were smuggled. Guaranteed. Any pics of the parents?

If your so curious about smuggling greens, why don't you just stick with asking your egghead mate.

I was just thinking that Australis, but his method failed though didn't it? Well, it did once.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back