There's GTPs and then there's GTPs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But he does raise a good point unfortunately.

re There

Funny how the canarys have only been known for the last 4 years or so and they are already in aussie collections.

Good hey,someones breeding them here,one day you can wake up in the morning cordylus and look at your canarys and say "thankyou warwick for breeding them for me" "it was worth the filthy amount of money i paid" "i dont feel jeallous anymore" :lol:

Why don't you ask him yourself australis? Instead of bringing your own opinions onto a forum. Oh I forgot, in your world women just have to cook you food, bring you a beer and do as you say?!?! We can't dare to have an opinion. We all know what aussie greens look like. I really don't care what people keep but I know what's around and that just screams canary to me. I also really don't care what my so called egg head mate got up to. That's his issues, that I don't care for. My opinions are my own and that's it I'm old enough to make up my own mind. But hey australis, I'm just a girl. What do I know.
Nicole

And on top of that I would say, thank you Warwick for breeding them so my supposed egg headed, puppet master mate would not have to try and smuggle them in! What a joke. We all know how long that morph has been around for. Unfortunately its not exotic, if you believe its not! Just like a lie is not a lie if you believe it!

Of course they're not 'NATIVE". Australian Native GTP's are few and far between. The Australian National Parks as a whole across the continent, turn a blind eye every day, do they not?. Surely they would regognise 'Exotic GTP's', as opposed to our own native bloodline?. I have noticed the price of GTP's has dropped drastically this year. The reason being a large influx on smuggled GTP's entering the country. They are selling for anywhere from $2750 to about $3000. This reduction of GTP's on the market has caused many breeders to also drop their price to be competitive. This may be good if you want a 'tick in the box', animal, or truely have been saving for such a unique and beautiful creature. But beware the downfalls. OMPV, and all other 'NASTY', diseases had to enter the country somehow. In my opinion purchasing an exotic is truely a very un-Australian thing to do. Particularily if you have any bone of conservation in you for our diverse and beautiful reptiles.Also the fact that if Parks demand a blood test for DNA, they may well be able to determine that it is not in fact a 'native' bloodline animal. Which of course lets us turn to the next drama!!!!. Only very limited numbers have ever been offically permitted to be collected from the wild. Of course there was the amensty if the late 90's, in NSW, which I suspect quite a few were papered, but still. It seems there is a large population amounting in the Australian herp scene. I have heard first hand accounts of the conditions that the imported GTP's are kept. If you only knew how terribly they exist in these farms it would make you cringe!!.

Why don't you ask him yourself australis? Instead of bringing your own opinions onto a forum. Oh I forgot, in your world women just have to cook you food, bring you a beer and do as you say?!?! We can't dare to have an opinion. We all know what aussie greens look like. I really don't care what people keep but I know what's around and that just screams canary to me. I also really don't care what my so called egg head mate got up to. That's his issues, that I don't care for. My opinions are my own and that's it I'm old enough to make up my own mind. But hey australis, I'm just a girl. What do I know.
Nicole

Nice way to trash a thread there Nicole! You do realise you posting on this forum is bringing YOUR opinions on here too don't you? What makes you think you are so much more special than anyone else to tell them if they can or cant post their opinions? As far as I know, you don't own the site, nor do you have any moderating/dictating powers or abilities...Why don't you just back down and stop bringing this thread down?

I think they are awesome and unusual GTP wokka!.....REGARDLESS of where people think they did or didnt come from! Congrats! Its great to see some awesome specimens and photography! Thanks for sharing :)

Although my personal preference/favourite for greens is the Cape yorks that are solid green with an unbroken single-scale-width white dorsal stripe....*drools at the thought*
Those ones are still pretty stunning in their own right ;)

Last edited:
They are very nice greens. You must be happy with the results.
Are they from Nick Stocks line?

No ,They were sold to me as hatchoes bred in Australia from parents bred in Australia., but now I am a little wiser I believe they have a bit more of an international pedigree.

I posted the Canary yellow Chondros to show that not all nice GTPs are the same old green. They are not my animals although, like Browns, I am believe similiar animals are in Australia. Sorry about getting your hopes up.

No ,They were sold to me as hatchoes bred in Australia from parents bred in Australia., but now I am a little wiser I believe they have a bit more of an international pedigree.

Dont worry you're not the one to buy chondros that turned out to have frequent flyer points.

i think they are gorgeous :D id love to have a GTP one day but thats a long way off :) congrats on the babies

I really don't know why everyone keeps getting their knickers in a knot about these things, 'exotic' Greens were legalised years ago, you aren't going to have them seized because they don't like Vegemite. 90 odd % of the greens people own here are not local animals, it's a fact we are all well aware of, I think we need to build a bridge ;)

I really don't know why everyone keeps getting their knickers in a knot about these things, 'exotic' Greens were legalised years ago, you aren't going to have them seized because they don't like Vegemite. 90 odd % of the greens people own here are not local animals, it's a fact we are all well aware of, I think we need to build a bridge ;)
Exactly.

I have a feeling that in some posts here the issue is not whether they're originally an exotic species....more whether or not they're the first generation on Aussie soil if you catch my drift.

I'm happy for Green Willow that Lotus has bred, I know how much she liked her "toothpaste baby". If we're going for asthetics here then they woudn't be my first choice (I'm a sucker for Aussies and Sorongs) but if we all liked the same things then it'd be a pretty boring world.

I learnt something new today, even when you don't know someone is female you're still a sexist if you hold a different opinion to them :lol:

I have posted the mother before. Green Lotus reared by my daughter Green Willow.

comicbookguy-1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if we keep supporting the imports we will lose our natives completely. I thought all the herpers would agree that buying these snakes for the amount people are asking for is just saying look I have heaps of money and I don't care about the native animals that we should be buying. Then again just because they are pretty snakes I'll ask a fortune for them so I can make money.......smae types of people on different sides of the fence.
Since these animals are not native I'll take one...$300.00.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back