This is questions for expert.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slateman

In Thailand on Pukhet in Orchit nursery owner had aquarium with this small snakes. He claimed to colect them from orchids in nursery and he claimed that they are venomous.
Anybody know?
IMG_8862.jpg

Definately not a Cobra, It's a colubrid most likely, I doubt it would have very potent venom if any at all.

skunk said:
i dont know but dude, do u really write like that ? :shock:
LOL unfortunately yes skunk.

By the way, do you smell like skunk :wink:

Re: RE: This is questions for expert.

Dicco said:
Definately not a Cobra, It's a colubrid most likely, I doubt it would have very potent venom if any at all.
Dicco I agree with you. It looked to me like some colubrid , tree snake. It was about 2.5 foot long

RE: Re: RE: This is questions for expert.

I've posted the pic on another site with some experienced people from overseas, maybe they'll identify our mystery snake :)

RE: Re: RE: This is questions for expert.

Do I have to be an expert?? lol cos I'm far from it! Can I have a punt in saying it looks an awful lot like a weird colour phase of a golden or common tree snake. Just a guess :wink:

Looks like a Colubrid so obviously harmless, probably some sort of Elaphe (ratsnake), do you have a better photo ?

Not sure what is meant by whipsnake, they are usually Ahaetulla which are very different to that snake and are pretty well harmless. Could be Boiga sp maybe cynodon but the head looks too narrow ?

No idea, but keep posting the pics please. What a placid green iguana too, I hope it was sold as a pet! :D

I agree it looks like a colubrid, but they can be very venomous too (look at Boomslangs). I'm thinking possibly one of the Beauty Snakes, also called Trinket Snakes?

:p

Hix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back