Tiger!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carpetpythons.com.au - well if you don't want nasty comments and flaming ,treat others with respect and dont belittle other members just because your dealing with jags and there not.

not a bad looking stripe on that snake ,hopefully we see some wider stripes in the future.

cheers

ps.Piebald mac*

If i actually cared about maculosa, then it might have appealed to me. Gunny: RPMs, Jags, Genetic reduced pattern are all the same!!! In these animals the reduced patterns are a genetic trait. That means that their offspring will carry the trait and express it genetically, this in turn will have an influance on their visual appearance. There are a few good books available that you might want to invest in that will explain all this genetics mumbo jumbo.

Haven't been looking at some threads, but thought i'd post my 2 cents...that's a cracker, what are some bitching about??

Haha im not getting high up on anything snake ranch have one as well so its not as if its unique. I had an opinion on the genetics and asked a simple question and got met with hostility. I havent mentioned the pied once.

P2150343.jpgP1110119 [].jpg

P9251263 [].jpg

The second pic is the animal in question as a juvenile after its first shed.......
Just to clarify things, The father is a 50% MD RPM/JAG, the mother is a pure Palmerston. So basically it is a 50% Jungle, 25% MD, 25% Coastal RPM/JAG.

Now that is a mouthfull, but basically the animal in question is a 50% Jungle RPM/JAG......

As for wider stripes, the first and third photos are animals which are being used to enhance my TIGER lines. I must clarify, the use of the term TIGER is purely descriptive and has no reference to other lines seen elsewhere. The name TIGER is synonomous with heavily striped RPM/JAGS, hence the reason why I choose to use it....I will have animals from the same line available this year along with others that will display the same traits.....

carpetpythons.com that animal is progressing nicely, will be a stunner.......

I wish I could, but the only ones I kept were the CARAMELS. I only produced 13 last season, I kept the 3 CARAMELS, 2 WHITES went to the DEVIL and the other WHITES and GOLDS were sold.

So as I say quality not quantity........

It is a very nice looking snake!
but can i ask why you call them Genetic reduced, stone calls them RPM and the rest of the world calls them Jags?

Is that not what is going on scientifically speaking when you look at that snake? Because they have been called Jags and Jags does not mean that these names are valid. You can call them whatever you want but it boils down to genetics that causes a reduced pattern.

ahhh I see so scientifically their tiger genetics are reduced!

why would the name Jag not be valid? thats what you bought them as isnt it?

The original Tiger line ( neville james ) that is bred by the likes of jason baylin and Will leary is now thought to be a Polygenic trait. A fancy way of saying selective breeding...lol

The original Tiger line ( neville james ) that is bred by the likes of jason baylin and Will leary is now thought to be a Polygenic trait. A fancy way of saying selective breeding...lol

lol........

that is a stunning tiger CP.com.au I've seen a lot of the overseas tigers but that animal is very impressive for the Aussy line.

Barramundi and carpetpython, that snake is amazing you should b very happy with it, might have to get one off you next season barramundi, keep up the nice work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back