Time between buying and selling

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamalicious

Reaction score
I bought a new enclosure for my Diamond python today. I didn't realise buy the Bredli python they had in it, actually came with the enclosure.

I know there is a 6 month waiting period before you can sell animals but I'm just wondering if there is a way around this?

Im happy to keep it but I just think it would be better with someone else because it's enclosure is now my diamonds enclosure and it'll be a little while before I can get a decent enclosure for it.

Please no one flame me for this. I'm just trying to do what's best for the snake, given the situation. Thanks in advance for any help.

how big is the bredli and what size tank have you put it in?

Last edited:
there is no way around the 6 month rule that i know of. maybe just st up a large tub with a heat mat under half of it and use that as an enclosure for the next 6 months and then sell it to someone who wants it. its the cheapest ulternative to buying another enclosure, or you could look for a cheap secound hand enclosure.

i would consider it a bonus getting a python with an enclosure i just bought and was not expecting to get a python with it. but downside you need another enclosure.

Haha I would normally consider it a bonus. If this enclosure wasnt for another snake it definitely would be

i think you need to look into buying multi bay tanks, i got some 4 level ones and they save so much space. but for now your best of keeping it in a tub till you sort the space issue out.

The space issue is due to home renovations. We are basically living out of our garage for around 4 or 5 months. I think a good size tub with have to do for a while, thanks

Haha sneaky. I'm sure I'll figure something out. A good size tub seems to be the best option

Call parks. It says you are in Brisbane but I have spoken to NSW parks before when in a spot and having to sell something before the 6 months and they were ok about it. Given the situation I cant see why they wouldnt allow it.

In sa you can obtain a fauna dealers permit which allows you to sell the animal without holding onto it for six months

id contact your local fauna permits unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back