To cull or not to cull... that is the question...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Freddy in light of the fact that you cant be bothered reading the whole thread you are out of line making any comment at all JMO>you have picked up on one comment that I made and have gone with it making the remark that you did.
Cows cannot live without feed for a period of time as you call it,sure they wont drop dead in the first month or so but for a cow to eat the ground down to rock??? Sorry Freddy the dairy man but I recon that could be seen as being starved?
why would i bother reading the rest???? out of line huh?? sure mate :rolleyes:
ok well because your the ultimate expert on cattle round here:rolleyes: or so it seems.......cattle will always graze on land wether it be to dust or not its what they do>> but still they can be maintained without pastures for longer than a month. this is in cattle in general not just dairy. what would you call feedlots or drought stricken areas or the outback in general?? they live perfectly out there and have nothing under their hooves but dirt and ROCKS and are still well maintained NOT STARVED!!!!!!!!!!! you dont have any proof these animals were starved and therefore are out of line stating that comment in your arguement. the animals in Question could have easily been maintained on silage and grain mixtures. this method is actually practised in drought stricken areas unable to grow their own crops.

this is based on my exp. and is my opinion to be flamed upon by the great one:rolleyes:

Whatever Boa

Speak for yourself, I certainly don't think anything Richard has said deserve this comment "But your extreme veiws are casting a dark shadow over this thread." If anything "I was attecked by a kangaroo when i was just 14. I hate them, there mongrel animals. " and "and do need shooting. The same go's for fruit bats and flying fox's. " these comments cast a dark shadow over the thread.
We are talking about killing millions of native animals, I think the dark shadow has been cast already.

:eek: Well I'm sorry you feel that way Boa:| , I didn't actually feel as though i'd attacked him, I just thought his Pages and pages of copyrighted information be better used on the government, You know the people who actually have the "power" to change things. It would be all well and good if he wrote in his own words a paragraph. :shock: Maybe my post wouldn't have sounded so harsh if i had somebody write it and proof read it.:x
I answered the question, To cull or not to cull. I told you my experience and backed up the story behind the bats. I also backtracked in what i said about hating roos. So how about you quote form that post as well. I'm not going to sit here and tell you that i have an educated opinion on this topic, I just had an opinion. that was all that was asked for. And I put myself on the line and offered it.
forgive me:x

Save the Roo !

Quote:
Mr Wells I believe you should continue in your protest but maybe not be so self rightious in your own opions when you sir left cows to starve on your own land.

The cattle had nothing to do with me as they were on the property when we bought it. Only after we purchased the land were they immediately ordered off the property so that the land could be rehabilitated. So, just step back take a deep breath and, as I am being repeatedly told by the ROO KILLERS...get your own facts straight before you accuse me of cruelty like that. Should I happen to start on the Dairy Industry and expose the appalling practices of some in your industry, then rest assured I will do my homework on that issue as well. Until then, please stick to the Roo issue and save your own self righteousness for matters that you are more familiar with...

Richard Wells

Perhaps you should also get back to the topic Richard. Give some practical solutions and not cut and paste volumes of text and try to bore everyone with it. Do you eat meat, do you use dairy products, do you live in a house made from modern matreials. If you start throwing to many stones Richard you best be sure your not living in a glass house. That high moral horse will have very shakey legs if you start that, and if you want to keep attacking people have a go at me, you are continually avoiding me at the moment.

Save the Roo !

Richard: strange that you're still on your impressively high horse, even after conceding that culling can be necessary. No one is suggesting that we exterminate kangaroos, anyone who isn't a madman can see that there are more kangaroos now than there were 300 years ago if he wants to look into it and even you accept that there are cases where they need to be culled.
Why do you feel the need to deliberately stir up a large amount of gratuitous controversy? Let's have a think about the typical reasons people do this...
QUOTE]

Yes, I guess it is a very impressive and very high horse indeed...and it's amazing the view that one gets from up here...for instance, I can see the unjustified slaughter of Kangaroos going on throughout the Nation without any adequate authority or justification at all. I see the hypocrisy of gun-toting Rambo-Would-Be-If-They-Could-Be's, killing at will what is not theirs to kill [AND YES I AM MOCKING THEM]. I see otherwise intelligent people acting in a manner so below their potential as to be frightening. But more significantly, I see the failure of Governments to protect the Roo from this carnage as a National Disgrace, an appalling abrogation of their responsibility to lead that turns every cell in my body putrid with contempt.

You do not need to tell me that no one is advocating the Extinction of Roos...it is quite plain for all to see that they haven't even got a scintilla of an understanding about the impending catastrophy for these species [AND YES I AM MOCKING THEM AGAIN]

And as for "gratuitous controversy" Let's have a think about the typical reasons why [some] people think this...

I have to rush to my pole-vaulting class, so that I can continue to leap ahead of the MOCKED ones !

Cheers from The Big One :)

Still no practical solutions, no answers, just more hot air. I think it is below you to be so irational about this. There is a problem with over population in many areas, and you just can't seem to grasp that something needs to be done so you stick your head in the sand and say your right without taking a look at the big picture.

Save the Roo !

Perhaps you should also get back to the topic Richard. Give some practical solutions and not cut and paste volumes of text and try to bore everyone with it. Do you eat meat, do you use dairy products, do you live in a house made from modern matreials. If you start throwing to many stones Richard you best be sure your not living in a glass house. That high moral horse will have very shakey legs if you start that, and if you want to keep attacking people have a go at me, you are continually avoiding me at the moment.

Please rest assured that I will respond to YOU in due course. You have made quite a few statements that definitely need addressing...so don't get too comfortable thinking that I have ignored you...because I haven't :)

Richard Wells

Why do people have to sling mud?
Why is it one side is entitled to an opinion but another side is not?

I would like to see roo's extinct, I have a real hatred towards them for personal reasons BUT I dont feel the need to attack any wildlife warriors that would like to save them. And if I was to sit on the other side of the fence I would feel no need to attack those that condone the culling of them. RIGHT OR WRONG? there is opinions for both sides, why not respect them both?

Just my generalised opinion directed at nobody in particular.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it J and C Reptiles very amusing but I consider this a sort of debate, and believe it or not I am interested in what others have to say. Yes you are entitled to an opinion but am I wrong for questioning that opinion. Mud slinging is part of debate like the rebuttle etc. As Richard has said you never realy know who you are talking to or who else may be reading this. In the end we will probable still disagree but hopefully we will have both learned something.

Richard: Please don't try to bore me this time with some long winded c**p.

J and C keep it up it's good to have some funny anacdotes to read to break such a serious thread up a bit.

I still think Kangaroo is a supremely delicious meat, and the only mistake farmers have made is not swapping their cattle stocks over for Roos :p Anyone had Roo snags before??? They are tops! :D

Currently I'm working on a Chilli Roo Stir-fry! .....geeesh, it's making my mouth water! :D

Never tried them as snags, but farming them would be extreamely difficult

Yep, you'd have to build higher fences :D OR, genetically modify them to have little legs!
light.gif

Big kisses to you Freddy I love a man with attitude. :)

Mr Wells good luck with your crusade.

lol

":I see the hypocrisy of gun-toting Rambo-Would-Be-If-They-Could-Be's, killing at will what is not theirs to kill [AND YES I AM MOCKING THEM]."

rolleyes: This comming from a flower power-end the war-wacky tabacky-master of macropods. :shock: :p

"I have to rush to my pole-vaulting class, so that I can continue to leap ahead of the MOCKED ones !"

Please....I've jumped bigger hurdles than you, than a roo has jumped fences:p

Freddy? a she ?? are you sure with that mouth I was sure it was a he!!! maybe a woman in comfortable shoes eh Freddy?? :) :)

Save the Roo !

"I have to rush to my pole-vaulting class, so that I can continue to leap ahead of the MOCKED ones !"
Please....I've jumped bigger hurdles than you, than a roo has jumped fences:p

You must be a darned good jumper, so I guess I'll take your word for it...:)

In any case, I note that you wish you were still in Townsville...I lived in the Cairns area for a while and spent quite a bit of time in Townsville...It would have to be one of the most beautiful places in the world...I had such good times there...I always wanted to move there, but instead I got sucked into western NSW - a dry hole at the end of the earth where everything is in a state of either death, dying or deterioration. My wife is a psychologist (no, she didn't involved with me for a research project!) and of course she hasn't been able to work in all the years that we have been here - such a waste...

On other matters Roo, I have to get back to compiling something helpful for one of the Mocked Ones...so I must go

Richard Wells

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back