Toad genius

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Farmdog,your the man,that is pure genius! Unfortunatly i have not tried the willow on toads.It shows though that aussies are thinkn all the time. Reckon thats that on this post we have all found out what toad genius is,its how to killm with flare,imagination and BRUTE FORCE. CHEERS THE OLDFELLA

no, no, NO
liquid nitrogen!
then smash against a wall

How about sticking a straw up their butt,then blow em up and chuck em against the wall,,,POP LOL

I still don't see the point you are or were trying to make.

I have many other genius ways of messing with mongrel toads :twisted:

can you say..............fire craker?

ooowwwwwww put the straw up there then blow them up THEN tie a string and give 'em to the kiddies to play with

no, no, NO
liquid nitrogen!
then smash against a wall

lets be thinking practically now. How about these as options:

Salting toads;
Golf Clubs (c'mon Aussie lets become the wrorld champoins at golf like we can be, toad are great practice. Just think of it, australias golf champion grew up whacking toads and became a sporting icon);
More seriously though how about an extensive education progam in schools so that everyone becomes experts in how to identify cane toads and how to identify natives, then when they can do this have a national "Clean up the cane toad day" just like Clean up Australia Day where people can either catch or kill cane toads and bring them in for a reward (ie a certificate stating how many cane toads were caught).

The biggest problem with erradicating the toads is preserving the native species in the process and I think educating is the best way to do that

damn radio keyboard needs new batteries

I used to tie one on each end of a piece of steel wire and up on the powerlines they went,what a buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Chlorine makes em fizz up a bit............

i contributed to a good couple of dozen when i was in qld at mt tambourine a while ago, i hate the blighten things. we also kicked a heap at a wall.

Re: RE: Toad genius

Samma3l said:
The biggest problem with erradicating the toads is preserving the native species in the process and I think educatin is the best way to do that

geez i love that word, it is the answer to all the problems..........like shoveling a diamond cause it was going to kill you with its venom :roll:

just a simple thing like this could save our native toads, i bet lots of people would volunteer to help this too

who has set them on fire or peed on them? i would love to see them on fire hopping across the road then splat against the byull bar of a truck lol

Yep me,i've lit em up many times with petrol and gunpowder,really bizzare stuff!!!

Saw a huge one one night get splatterd by a car right next to me and some mates whilst under the influence of lysergenic dytholomide and man it was the funniest thing i can remember..

lol
lysergic diethylamide influenced humor + cane toads.....funny stuff i bet

You bet it was...am flashing back now and pmsl

Bit of a location joke,like you really had to be there but those with vivid imaginations will relate lol

I used to catch toads for the toad races up here in Nth Qld,and after all the fun and games were over my mates and i used to have our own fun.You'll find that if you have a bb gun and the toads are sitting in the possy with their heads up and front legs stretched out and you hit em under the chin they do a backflip or 2,classic stuff!!!

Have once done a biology experiment where i put a dead toad onto an ants nest and let them chew all the skin away,then i stained the bones blue somehow"stuffed if i remember how now" then mounted it in an acrylic box with some type of formulan and is probably still sitting there on the school shelf now.The ame was done with gold fish and rats but i chose toads because they suck!!!

I get em hopping into my house if i leave the front door open for 5 mins at night and they get into litle nooks and crannys you can't get em out of and eventually die...they are evil,evil critters but i guess the people in Guam think the same of our native Brown tree snake which has done just as much damage to their bird populations and have even been known to bite slleping infants and cause deaths.

Seriously why the hell doesn't anyone agree or respond to making a small donation to CSIRO to help in the study and eradication of these filthy things?As i've said before i'm happy to put in $100 for tarters and wether it be $1 or $2 every bit will help or do we all not care that these guys are spreading over our whole continent and causing irrepearable damage to our native animals?

Browns,

I would be intersted in making a donation for sure. Let me know the details.

Although I despise the toads for decimating our native species, I still can't bring myself to hurt the things...it's not their fault they are an introduced species. Some may call me soft but as an animal lover I would rather find a more humane way of solving the problem.

And I'm not having a go at those that do whack them with golf clubs because i know how frustrating it would be to live with them and see the effects first hand. As a sydney sider I don't have to do that so whenever I visit Qld I still let them go on their way.

I am not sure how aggressively the govt. and it's agencies is trying to combat the toads but quite clearly it is not aggressive enough.

Browns,

I would be intersted in making a donation for sure. Let me know the details.

Although I despise the toads for decimating our native species, I still can't bring myself to hurt the things...it's not their fault they are an introduced species. Some may call me soft but as an animal lover I would rather find a more humane way of solving the problem.

And I'm not having a go at those that do whack them with golf clubs because i know how frustrating it would be to live with them and see the effects first hand. As a sydney sider I don't have to do that so whenever I visit Qld I still let them go on their way.

I am not sure how aggressively the govt. and it's agencies is trying to combat the toads but quite clearly it is not aggressive enough.

Every time you let another cane toad go free, you are really letting 30 000+(im sure they can breed more than once) toads eat our native wildlife. Think of it like this, if you had to sacrifice one animal to save a thousand, would you? Because this is the line of thinking we need to take. Sure its not the cane toad's fault that they are here now it doesnt mean that they should be left to take over the country.

If Australia was being invaded by another country would you still be saying "Hey guys, let the enemy live. They have just as much right to be here as we do."? Because no he doesnt, he has every right to stay in his country, not mine. Same thing with the toads.

Yes I understand that Samma and like I said it upsets me enormously to see it destroying our native fauna. Thats why I am offering to donate to research. I'm not saying stand idly by and watch the toads take over the country.

But I would personally rather get rid of them more humanely than kicking them to death.

It's just an opinion.

If one toad can produce 60,000 offspring a year then is kicking the odd one really going to dent the population? I think we need to stem the tide at the source - I think Browns mentioned sterilisation earlier?

one dead toad is 60 000 less toads, that is enough motivation for me.

if you dont like whacking them, then there is another well known option involving putting them in a plastic bag and throwing them in the freezer. You cant get more Humane than that - It is the method endorsed by the RSPCA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back