Tonka my new Olive :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimberlyann

Reaction score
View attachment 213353

Just got home with my new baby Olive python, ive named him Tonka cause his going to get the size of a truck haha, his Het for ablino, so when his old enough his going to be making the most beautiful babies in the world, his settling in at the moment, only 1 more week till i can give him cuddles and i can not wait haha :)

To let him settle in, give him a feed in a couple days, isnt that what ur meant to do??? It says it on all my papers anyway. Please say i can get him out and give him loads of affection :D

To let him settle in, give him a feed in a couple days, isnt that what ur meant to do??? It says it on all my papers anyway. Please say i can get him out and give him loads of affection :D

I picked up a Bredli last night, got home & put him in his enclosure, thawed out a velvet mouse & fed him, he took it straight way. 2 hours later we had some 'me time' together :lol:

I've done the same with all my other pythons, never had any issues.

I have forgone the suggested settle in advice twice both with different results. The Bredli did not like it at all and it took me months to calm him back into the docile sweetheart he was. I also did it with my Jungle and have never had a problem with him. he is the perfect snake. What was his temperament like when you took him out of the bag?

I would feed him and wait at least a day before you handle him first feed is always the critical one

i had my spotted out and wrapped around me within less than an hour of gettting him home. he's never even given me a look like he'd bite me. stick your hand in and you should be able to gauge pretty well wether or not he's up for some cuddlez

He was only fed on the 7th which was 3 days ago, should i feed him again? With my other pythons they where feed less by the breeder to make them smaller so i feed them as soon as i got home then waited for it so digest and thats when i held them

Very nice yeah by the time his an adult be bigger than most small trucks well done

Honestly, don't listen to these guys. They may have had placid snakes that 'settled in perfectly' (I've had snakes that settle in nicely, then others that are absolute freaks, it varies like people) but you don't want to risk stressing out your gorgeous new adition and having problems with him later down the track.
let him settle in for a good two weeks without handling, feed in a weeks' time if he was only fed 3 days ago.

He's gorgeous, congrats on the new adition :D

Going to wait for this arvo, his exploring his new tank at the moment, god he looks beautiful, ill post some more photos later guys :) thanks for the help

So more photo's of my little man, sorry they arent the best i dont own the best camera..

View attachment 213369View attachment 213370

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back