Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tooben

Reaction score
hi all would someone be able to give me in order the top ten most venomous snakes in australia please. thank you

googlefriend.jpg

ok il have a look just was thinking since this is a reptile site someone here mite know.

1. Fierce Snake
Oxyuranus microlepidotus

Common Brown
Pseudechis australis

Taipan
Oxyuranus scutellatus

Eastern Tiger
Notechis scutatus

Riesvie Tiger Snake

Beaked Sea Snake

Western Tiger Snake

Giant Black Tiger Snake
Notechis ater

Death Adder
Acanthopis antarcticus

Western Brown Snake
Pseudechis nuchalis

that list is pretty close but i think dubois' sea snake should be on there instead of a beaked. and common brown is pseudonaja textilis, not pseudechis australis thats a king brown.

Bloody Trouser Snake......girls getting tagged by it get a bad swelling of the mid body....i just cant understand why its not in the top 10

yep whatever eladidare said... :lol:
I just copied and pasted that from some site when i googled.... didnt have time to check over it. :D
Bill

l wonder if that'll change soon with the discovery of the new species of taipan?

Oh yeah I heard only a little about that....where abouts did they find it? and have they done any research on it yet?

Great thanks...thats really amazing
really makes you want to get out there a hav a reall hard look for something new

Yeah that list seems correct, however, not knowing the LD50 of all the snakes i couldn't say. I much prefer to see them listed as top 10 Most Dangerous. Going by venom toxicity and yield is all good and well but it's alittle pointless when it comes to the danger aspect.

Going by the danger side of things...you would see either the eastern brown or coastal taipan in first place, probably followed by the tiger and then alot of others not actually on that list, such as......BBBS, RBBS, Copper head, King brown.

Agreed, A most dangerous list would be a lot better...

A list of the most venomous towards mice is not really helpful...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back