Trouble with new format

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovemydragons

Reaction score
Is anyone else finding the new format hard to use??

The threads take up too much space with lots of nothing, the number of parties read/posted is vertical. I can't go straight to the last page on threads I've already read the start of so I have to go page by page and large threads take ages. There is no 'last page' icon. Things have been moved all over the place, and I'm finding it difficult to browse at work like I usually do. It also doesn't show which posts I haven't read or have read. So I have to go over ever post to see what it was about.

Can we please go back to the other format, more user friendly!

Works OK for me and about the only thing I'm good at with computers is turning them on........

I too am having the same problems.... the replies etc are vertical, therefore taking up half of my page with one thread. It so annoying and frustrating having to cover 10 pages just to see 30 threads!!!! I am not finding it user friendsly because of this. Everything else seems to be good.

The issue only seems to be when you click the "new posts" "today's posts" etc buttons.
If you go into each sub-forum individually it looks all fine and good.

I don't understand. Can you take a screenshot and post it to show me where the problem is?

I really don't know why it was changed. It now is messier, harder to use, and seems to cause my broswer to crash anytime I try to upload pics. I gave up after the third attempt

I really don't know why it was changed. It now is messier, harder to use, and seems to cause my broswer to crash anytime I try to upload pics. I gave up after the third attempt

I don't feel so bad now, if the administrator can't understand the problem then I'm excused. I have read these posts again and I still can't follow what you are trying to explain.
Is is possibly something to do with the browser you are using, I'm using firefox

It was an upgrade to the latest version of the same software. We keep up to date for many reasons, including security, compatibility with add-ons and modifications as well as new features for both users and moderators/administrators.

That is besides the point though, if there is a problem I'd like to fix it, however I will need to know what it is before I can solve it.

I don't know how to screenshot.

I found the main thread to this upgrade 2 hours after I created this thread. So I tried to post there, and it wouldn't let me. It said I was not allowed. I keep getting logged out, I used to be able to sit here at work all day and re-fresh the new threads/posts and reply and read. But now I'm kicked off all the time and re-freshing the new posts takes me to another screan which takes me ages to actually find the new posts.

I used to post a fair bit, but it's taken me half an hour nearly to post this and I don't have the time to fiddle around.

Can I ask what the reason for the overhaul was?? It just doesn't seem to be a freshen up, everything's change and everything's in a new place. I thought it was running really well before.

I don't think it's my browser. I've been uploading to other forums just fine, and I never had a problem on here before

I don't think it's my browser. I've been uploading to other forums just fine, and I never had a problem on here before
Where are you trying to upload pictures to? Your album or to the gallery? Also, what Browser (including the version) and operating system are you using?

Is anyone else finding the new format hard to use??

The threads take up too much space with lots of nothing, the number of parties read/posted is vertical. I can't go straight to the last page on threads I've already read the start of so I have to go page by page and large threads take ages. There is no 'last page' icon. Things have been moved all over the place, and I'm finding it difficult to browse at work like I usually do. It also doesn't show which posts I haven't read or have read. So I have to go over ever post to see what it was about.

Can we please go back to the other format, more user friendly!

Yeah I noticed it yesterday then thought it must have been just me as everyone else kept saying theirs was fine..

I'm also finding the tool bar with 'new posts' and 'today's posts' etc sometimes disappears when I'm in one of them. So I have to go all the way back the the main menu to go back in to another one again. Is there another short cut, or is my computer screan playing funny buggers with me? Or is it suppose to be there?

Why does it boot me out if I don't type something for 5 minutes? Can we extend the time period please, like to when I close he browser?

Really? I come onto this site more because I love the new format. We're currently using this format because it is what vBulletin has upgraded to. I think improved security is worth a few days trouble of getting to know the new layout. Also, everyone can go the "Settings" up the top and mess with how the threads are displayed (it might be possible that some people's settings were altered during the transition). Go to settings > General Settings > about half way down the page.

All problems aside, Why was it changed anyway?
Was there security? or other underlying problems that noone was aware of.
Seems silly to try fix something that is not broken.

I agree the 'old' version layout is much better & much more user freindly,. seems to have been more of a down grade then an upgrade?
Either way Im sure I will get use to it soon enough

I went to settings, and general settings. What am I looking for? What should I be changing to fix my problems? Doesn't seem to mention anything about page layout etc.

Where are you trying to upload pictures to? Your album or to the gallery? Also, what Browser (including the version) and operating system are you using?

Explorer 8.06001.18904. Windows vista (which could explain a few things :( ). I was trying to upload directly to a thread

Someone was talking about how threads are displayed? You change the settings there. You won't be able to change the layout much further then that.

bfg23, web designers often upgrade their formats regardless of whether or not it was "broken". They do it to keep up with the times, to keep things modernised, and to hopefully improve security and addon compatibility because new threats and addons are made and upgraded everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back