Trouble with new format

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All problems aside, Why was it changed anyway?
Was there security? or other underlying problems that noone was aware of.
Seems silly to try fix something that is not broken.

The software used to run APS is soon to become obsolete. Hence the upgrade. Using your logic, you may as well be using a picture tube TV from the 60's if it still works! But I bet you don't!

This sort of crap is why I quit working in IT.

Old format was alot easyier to follow and where has the price gone on forsale ads? used to be in header right hand side now nothing.

I just don't like that the posts I have read don't look any different to an unread post, until I go to the next page and then back again.

I too am having the same problems.... the replies etc are vertical, therefore taking up half of my page with one thread. It so annoying and frustrating having to cover 10 pages just to see 30 threads!!!! I am not finding it user friendsly because of this. Everything else seems to be good.

I guess I will get used to the new layout. I did like the old colours better.
Some features I have run into I like, such as the Attachment Management.

I do have the same problem as Jay with the deformed layout if I view the site with IE Version 6 as I don't upgrade IE very often.
The web browser I am using to post this is the latest update of Firefox and all appears to be fine.

Attachment is viewing in IE6

Attachments

• APS-IE6.jpg
    APS-IE6.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 117
it was better when there was the price section in the for sale

Wow you people whinge a lot! lol

Don't forget that Administrator is learning the new format too. Some patience, guys =)

yeh mine is the same no matter what computer i log in thru.Front page is fine it is just the "new posts" page that does this for me.

yeh mine is the same no matter what computer i log in thru.Front page is fine it is just the "new posts" page that does this for me.

Jason, no idea what's going on with your computer. On the "new posts" page I'm getting 20 odd posts to the page......

I have put together a Windows XP/IE 6 test bed, so I can start testing this tonight.

Hi all,

On my home PC and Laptops the new format is not causing any real issues, 9just learning to navigate my way arround).

However on my work PC the new posts are comming up the same as the screen shot posted by Spot_the_man.

Hope that this assists with identifying cause.

imm too having this problem, please advise on how to fix it.

Me too!

But good job to admin for all the work they've put into the site! It's taking a bit of getting used to but I'll get there!

Im glad im not the only one then. Does anyone know why this is happening? On my OLD mac at home it is fine.... work comp its as the screenshots above.

All good now. the new post list across the page not down.
I did what I could, but the site still looks significantly worse in Internet Explorer 7 or earlier. Apparently vBulletin are going to address a lot of IE compatibility issues in the next minor version, however for the best results it's always recommended that you use the latest version of Internet Explorer (IE 8) or some other browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back