Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathon

Reaction score
Hey, my little turt is growing fairly fast and soon i'll be needing a pond for the little fella. I'm looking for ideas so if you have any pics of your turtle pond please post them.

Thanks

watch out for the ponds with the pebble finish as some of them can cause damage to the turts plastron. Or should that be carapace? No, I think plastron is correct :)

Yeah plastron. Nice pond africansomething. What species of turt did you have in there. I keep C. oblonga and they grow fairly large so i'll need to make something fairly large.

Thanks for your help.

you could buy that pond liner at bunnings etc and do a pond like that...just an idea

Is the pond liner very strong? Because i've heard that large turtles can rip it with their claws? If thats not true then perhaps that would be a good cheap idea.

Pity you're in Perth otherwise you could have had my pond, it's not used any more. I used to have 4 Longicollis in it.

i am pretty sure the lining is pretty thick..you would have to check it out

I'm building a fair sized pond soon and I'll be using pond liner and will put small river stones on the bottom so it doesn't look like a black pit. Get the good quality liners, not those cheap things. I'll put up pics of the process of my pond once I start if you like.

That would be great if you could put some pics up once you've started Dicco. Whats the average price for a good quality liner?

Cheers

See if this works???

I will try now. This is my Eastern WAter Dragon cage that hangs directly off my house. Has it's own sliding glass dorr entry. Have also bred some eastern long necks in it.

holy smokes, thats 5 star acomodation! if i was an ewd or a turlte thats where i would want to live!

Thanks Slackra, And it appears I might finally have a male Eastern for my four lovely ladies to enjoy.

wow that looks great! my main question is how people clean their ponds out? do you have pumps or use buckets etc......?

My god that is sensational!!

How much damage to the hip pocket did that do to ya!?

Hi Everyone.

Thanks a lot for your comments. The setup is a universal rocks 900 litre pond with a creek & waterfall flowing in to it. I have a UV light to kill all the crap as well as a biological filter. This keeps it pretty clean but about once a year I empty the whole thing out (just a syphon really) and re fill. IN terms of cost, well, a green tree python is cheaper. The universal rocks gear alone is about $5k, then you have the landscaping and aviary surrounds etc. All up the enclosure cost about $10k but well worth it I think. If you are more skilled you could easily replace the pond with a liner and a reall landscaper could do the creek like that as well. I am happy to take some more photos over the weekend and post as a separate thread to give people ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back