Underage Drinking.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For or against?

• For

Votes: 50 32.3%
  • Against

Votes: 105 67.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a couple of drinks some times with my mates and family like when we go over one of our friends place there is always atleast 1 perant there so it doesnt get out of control but usually i just sit there and talk and have a good time lol natrix yes you are true with some of your ponts but i was living in czech republic/poland/germany/france/croatia and italy for a good year i was allowed into the night clubs than i was only 15 years of age and alot of the other people there were younger or alittle bit older than me and trust me in some of those countrys its worse there than here lol

I agree Dicco, its the individuals choice to live how they want. Other peoples opinion doesnt matter. If a person wants to give themselves cancer/brain damage, its up to them. As long as they know what they're getting themselves into, they can drink/smoke as much as they want.

Im 15 and I drink occasionally but have never been 'drunk'. I have friends that do get drunk, and thats their own choice. Geez people its not like getting drunk a few times makes you an alcho - its not like all my friends are going to die because they've been drunk a few times. The only real risk they run is if their parents find out....

I'm sorry to say Dicco and arielle but i disagree with you both completely!
Smoking doesn't only affect the person doing it, it affects the people around that person as well.
As for drinking, with some people it is just "getting drunk a few times" that can "make them an alcho".

I think its time to wake up and read up on how drinking can affect you.... AT ANY AGE!

Last edited:
my first drink was at the age of 15. and to be honest that was probly not a good idea. i know so many of my friends who have been drinking since that age or even younger and have been drinking solidly ever since! talk about ruining their liver. one of my friends who used to go through a bottle of vodka per night recently gave it up and he looked so good, so healthy just from not drinking for a few weeks.

but when i comes down to it, i would agree with underage drinking in the right circumstances if it is necessary. i think 18 is an alright age to start. 21 in america is very rediculous.
also there are lots of adults who act alot worse than most kids that i know:)

mike

im 17 nearly 18 and firstly the reason alcohol harms adolescence and teenagers and the reason we here all the time the accidents that are associated with underage drinking, fights, car crashes,gangs is because of a number of reasons which are determined by a ton of factors. the image and attitude someone has towards alcohol is what turns its potential in to a harmul one.and the gerneral image and attitude underage drinkers portray towards drinking is one that i belive is shaped by our society which is that it's ok to drink. advertisements, push the image and as we see everyday someone cant not aviod alcohol on a everyday basis. on tv news papaer sporting events. i dont have a problem with drinking underage if its in the right environement right people and the attititude is one of sensibility. but if we look at this issue we see that underage drinking happens with people who are inexperienced and who have the wrong outlook as they combine alchol with a number of other harmfull practises which involove other drugs, driving and fighting. see it not just alchol but its factors that go with it from our image of what the drinking experince should be like.

there is drinking, and there is getting drunk. the age laws are there for a reason

this is a good topic i enjoy a good drink when people dirink so much that thay passout i a pool of vomit and then sat that is was a good night thats just stupid anyway id rater go out and REMEMBER ther night but dats just me

I used to drink when I was underage, as most kids probably do. Aka getting one drink every now and then from parents.

Never had an interest in getting drunk, quite stupid really. First time I got drunk was christmas last year, and never again :rolleyes: Totally been put off now, cant even smell the stuff and my stomach churns.

Wasnt even fun anyway :lol:

Agreed vixenbabe. The headspins at bedtime, not to mention the morning after is enough to put me off it.

The morning after I was fine, was just up all night being sick and the headspins, ugh :x

Probably didnt help that it was caused by baileys and sculling wine (cheap disgusting stuff at that).... but im not game to try anything else again lol :rolleyes:

jmo...
it just depends on the person.. some can handle it betta then others.. i know adults that shouldnt drink and then theres like 'underages' that are fine when drinking.. :)

Depends on the area you grow up in. I spent my teenage years in Dalby. In those days, from the age of 15-18 many a drink, chop and chick was had with no ill effects.......Well, minimal ill effects :lol: We used to be served at the footy club from 15yrs onwards, get on it then stagger home to the shed. Most of my mates got on it young and the whole 'cool to be pissed' trend was over by the time they hit their 20's. The city would be a different story i'm sure!

In saying that, my mate's younger brothers can't walk the streets in Dalby these days unless with a crowd! Very sad!

Dicco and Airlie: I very much agree, but I hope you both feel that way about heroin and voluntary amputation as well. I think quite a lot of people are far, far too stupid to make responsible, intelligent choices about their own bodies, and while I don't believe there should be laws preventing people from making those choices, I still can't quite get over the fact that those people are usually entitled to the same level of publicly funded health-care as those others who take care of themselves. I smoke a little, drink a little, sometimes use other things, and eat red meat. I'm not really in a moral position to demand limitless public funds in health care when those decisions catch up with me, let alone sue tobacco or alcohol companies for making those products available to me so I could make my illogical choices.

im just going to reiterate my previous point, socially Australia is dumb with alcohol.

the AUS government was sighting the US' 21 drinking age as an example of a successful system, thus ignoring those countries where alcohol isn't a taboo. the media also plays it all up, in it's usual fashion.

everybody's wrong but me :evil:

Having turned 18 close to 10months ago i know what its like to be underage drinking. I found that at the age of 15/16 was the worst as it was almost completely restricted, so being the rebels that every teenager is, went and drank with no idea of what we were doing. Drinking to get drunk purely on principle. I found that the complete taboo placed on drinking by parents makes it all the more attractive as you're not allowed to do it. If you've got kids, don't simply tell them "NO!" as i can promise you, without doubt that you are only fuelling the fire and giving them cravings.
Its like you hearing about an awesome new attraction, then being told you're not allowed to do it, no explanation, simply "i don't want you doing it, its not right". Now what would you do? Sit at home and be safe or risk it and check out what it is for yourself.
Give your kids a bit of information "not that i think you're drinking but...if situation x ever happens i want you to call bla bla bla, ambulances WON'T dob you in, police WILL look after you, we WONT be angry at you"
Its just a small insurance that if your kids do get in trouble that they won't kill themselves, or a friend in the process.
I had fairly lenient parents, not remotely keen on me drinking, but mum being a school teacher knew that i was going to be drinking at some point or another. she made me have the local ambulance number as well as the local cop shops number in my phone as 9 times out of 10 they werent interested in filing paper work and if need be would simply drop kids home, no questions asked.

Tell them not to expecting full well they will!

Last edited:
Having turned 18 7 months back i say underage drinking is not on lol nah. I think it depends on the situation. I got to parties almost every fri or sat night and to be honest i think the underage ones are the worst. To be honest the underage girls are by far the worst they have a few drinks get hammered and sl#t it up all night. Also i dont think that unerage drinking is as much of a problem now a days as drugs are in people between 16 and 21. If i go to a party and not see at least 10 to 20% of the people taking pills its a miracle..its disgusting.

I was talking to my kids tonight and said the best bit of advice I can give them is this: You can drink to your hearts content in the company of friends IF you have to, but never let yourselves go in public (don't run around intoxicated). Writing yourself off in public leads to trouble! Sometimes that trouble is brought about by the fact you'll make the wrong decision when you are intoxicated, or people will take advantage of you if you are. Hands up how many of us have made a wrong decision while under the influence of alcohol or worse??? It's a no-brainer...JUST DON'T DO IT! ;) (yeah yeah, been there, done that) My son swears to me he won't touch alcohol (he's 10)...HAHAHAHAHA yeah right!!! :lol:)

Last edited:
yea definately..
agree with mattooty 100%
its always those who arnt alowed or hav to sneak out are the ones who say 'get into mischef' lol
but i know at my skool and all the ones around here 90% of 14-17yr olds drink..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back