UPDATED: Disgusting case of neglect (pic heavy)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good work guys to keep going through all the brick walls. Good luck chipping it away but Unfortunately DERM is a gov organisation and it is all about the "process' and never about the 'result'. i work for one so i know.
RSPCA are about the money they can bleed out of the public seeing cute fluffy animals being treated badly and not many people feel much for snakes so no dollars to be bled. They had the hide to ring and ask me to buy a raffle ticket to support them minutes after i read this thread...

Unfortunately it is true that we only have 18 Inspectors. We would love the funding to have more, however currently that's not the case. This is an official RSPCA Qld representative, and if you would like further email or clarification, please don't hesitate to email us on [email protected] - thanks all.

I used to give the RSPCA a donation every year at tax time, this is not the 1st time I have seen the RSPCA turning a blind eye to a scaled (not cute and fury) animal.
Needless to say, my donations go elsewhere now.

]The RSPCA is very saddened by the pictures depicting neglected snakes at a property in Townsville. The RSPCA was notified of this matter and duely followed current protocols with the Queensland State Government and immediately sent the details of the incident to Qld Parks and Wildlife for investigation.

It looks like your protocols are a little outdated, imo.

Cam and Sean,
Brilliant work guys, 10/10.

Last edited:
well done boys i to am from the ville and sit here in horror i will help physically in any way i can. idont have much else to offer but i would like to buy a dozen or so mice to help with the feeds, just tell me the size ya need or i could just give you guys the cash...

The owner of those snakes is just scum and does not deserve to keep any reptile or any animal at all I wish some 1 would make him live in his **** and see how he likes it, Poor snakes its nice to know you are helping out and doing what you can lets hope these snakes get the life they deserve and the scum bag owner well I wont say it on here it would have to many swear words.

Keep us updated on everything mate.

makes me wonder, if in 7 weeks these terribly neglegted animals still havent been cleaned up and rehomed, (by the authorities that is, if Cam and Sean werent involved a few individuals would most likely have passed in this time) whats the point in all the time theyve wasted making cage size restrictions that will need to be adhered to to the mm? are they gonna find the time/funds/interest to seize animals in much better conditions just cos the cage sizes are an inch or 2 off or is that just another great big waste of time and tax payers money?

if u guys need food money or anything PM me ur acc deets,....its disgraceful that this situation still hasnt been resolved!! :(

yeah i agree with the Chris1, if you need any help with money or anything shoot over a pm and i will help with some sort of fundage toward food and such. i also have equipment such as bowls and eletrics i can donate to you. If you need help with housing them after some sort of health is obtained, i am willing to help with a home for them as i cant stand to hear of this kind of act. I got my two coastals from a person not giving them the proper attention and lifestyle and wont hesitate to take in another creature in need.

Hi guys

Just read the whole thread.....id be looking at getting your local member of parliament involved...especially if they are in opposition......give them all the information about how badly everything has been handlled......anything to embarrass the government in parliament will be a plus to a local member in oppositon !! and will cause the government to act because they dont like being caught out !!

also try your local council they have animal officers and i know they have health and safety as a concern...smell for example and health concerns around the faecal matter and flies etc.....its a long shot but worth a try.

My hope is with the thread growing and more and more people becoming involved you will get some action !!

Quote "some of the larger ones are still living in their own filth and stench as was requested by officers so they could see the condition first hand... " So the RSPCA asked you to keep some of them in their filthy condition so that they can see first hand whenever they get round to having a look. I would keep a record of this conversation as the RSPCA are asking you to deliberately and knowingly neglect these animals further, i am sure you can use this in court against the RSPCA, maybe this would spur them into action.

A while ago i saw someone feeding their pet snake to their pet cat on face book. I showed the images to the RSPCA and they said they dont really deal with reptiles and are not interested. Although they do some great work and are charitable they should not discriminate as the "A" stands for animals not "a select few cute fury animals".

Keep up the good work OP.

im greatful that you came to help these poor animals but hope this guy rots in hell for what he done

RSPCA, you are a disgrace. To be honest the only people that really get the job done are the local passionate people that really want to instigate change. I have no doubt that Cam and Sean have pulled off a better job than a whole silly organisation, supposably set up to care for ALL creatures 'great and small' (notice how on their TV add there no reptiles but all the cute fuzzy animals that 'interest' people. I had a go at a RSPCA worker on facebook (a parent of a friend) because i put forward a case a month ago about neglected horses to the worker and nothing was done and he simply said to me that they didn't have time for larger animals like horses and it would be hard to rehome middle aged geldings as mares as by this time in life they were 'usless' did he hear it from me, i dont like the RSPCA, simply because of incidents like this, this is a sham. You spend so much time naming all the animals that come into your shelter and taking in cute fuzzy kittens cause they will sell quicker than sliced bread, yet you wont take the time to rescue and find homes for animals that dont appeal to your liking.

It doesn't matter if you have legal stuff to do, get the animals OUT of the S&*t they are in and deal with the legal matters when the owner returns, cause i doubt u'd be able to take him to court when he is on his holiday anyways! There should be a law passed that if an animal is on the brink of death and requires immediate attention any personal available at the time should step in and take action regardless, thats my opinion

That is disgusting! I don't know what we can do,even if we see these cases of Clear neglect,nothing ever seems to be done about it.. The authorities need to step up and start putting people in jail for **** like this..it's disgraceful and they as well as this pathetic excuse for a human being who kept these poor snakes should be ashamed

Thats just heart breaking, and its horrible to see such a lack of care from the environment. Down here in SA i remeber people down the road complaining about a stench from the neighbours house and noticed lots of cats comign and going. Local authorities got involved quick smart and as far as I have heard they were prosectued for all sorts of things. Lets us know who you get in contact with, or if you go through local mps etc tell us who so why can send emails in support of this.

you can't rely on the RSPCA for jack, they don't deal with 'strays', stray kittens with no mother that was too even. what do they even do it makes me so angry !!!!

i am not going to comment further on this thread, if i do , the things i will say will get me kicked off this forum, no word in the world is hateful enough for this person, i again refer back to the cute and fluffy syndrome in the RSPCA case..................................................i really need to calm down before i write anymore

Sounds like each organisation/department this has been reported to has left it to someone else to deal with.
I know court matters dealing with neglect of animals do happen. You just have to get someone motivated enough to do something.
Many years ago I had to sit in court for the day to watch the matters as part of a uni course. This guy (scumbag) got six months in the big house for throwing his young dog off the back verandah frizbie style into the pole of the clothes line and 3 other similar seperate incidents of cruelty.
His legal aid tried their hardest to get him off.
It also felt to me like the judge was trying to find a way to not put the guy away.
I think the only thing that nailed the bloke was the pile of evidence from the police which amounted to quite a thick file of documents and numerous witnesses on the day at court.

Oh and the thing that made me remember this so well, almost ten years later, is that the animal welfare league had removed the dog following one of the early incidents. They gave it back for the scumbag to do it again on the grounds their vet's examination couldn't conclusively verify deliberate acts of cruelty as opposed to accidental injury. ie the dog chasing a bike and coming off second best as claimed by scumbag.

Thanks for reading this far.
Octane

Last edited:
Just sent a long email to the Townsville RSPCA.
Probably wont go anywhere, but i guess the more they hear about our disgust the more they may think about doing something.

i compleatly agree with the people on here saying its a joke no one was willing to act on the situation ie rspca, but unlike the way it has been portrayed here they do more than any of you are even willing to accept. They raise money to give out FREE desexing vouchers for the people who arnt fortunate enough to be able to afford them. They also have to deal with the drones of morons that come down there to surrender that cute puppy they got 12 month befor hand. Think about it befor you all going to town and try to destroy the RSPCA's name. I am in no doubt that less than 1% of all animal related neglect are conserning reptiles, with this said i in no way imply that they are less valued than any other animal. The rspca in your local are may be slack and may be usless, but they are not all run this way. My girlfriend works at the rspca in orange and i can tell you the local inspector in our area would be likley to hunt this bloke down on his holiday just to drag him back by his manhood. It is this reason that i go down there on a regular basis and take the dogs out for a run, give them something to lookforward to as apose to just sitting in a cage all day. ALSO FOR ALL OF YOU TO READ TWICE SO YOU DONT FORGET>>>>>> All money that is spent on your local rspca shelter is allocated by a public committe that does not work at the shelter. In other words, in most cases, its the sad old woman down the road from you that hates everyone and puts in a noise complaint cause you fart to loud for her to sleep at 7 30pm, that decides how much money is aloud to be spent and what its to be spent on. While all this is goin on the local branch here had no washing machine to wash bedding and was forced to wash blankets by hand. So next time your asked to comment on the rspca think about it, you dont blame the woman who works at the bank because your money hasnt cleared, so dont blame an organisation who has there hands bound, tied and locked from the inside.

Also it is not the responibility of the rspca to attend to a case of neglect to wildlife, direct your anger toward Nation Parks and Wildlife or WIRES.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back