Urgent help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? So that the legitimate people have to wait 3 weeks to get an export/import permit as in NSW?

I would, if unsure about a particular seller, simply ask for their permit number and give the EPA a call. They should be able to tell you if it's a valid wildlife permit number or not.

Another person just contacted me we are totaling close to $10,000 so far in money that has gone to this person.

All information given to me is passed onto the appropriate people, if you have been in contact with the person and are awaiting reptiles DONT WAIT go to the police station an make a report...

Hope you nail the offending person. Good luck with it, Mrs I.

Sorry you've had to go through all this rubbish! Some people are seriously in need of a conscience! Fingers crossed that this person is caught!

I wonder how easy it would be to set up an 'escrow' service like you can on ebay - where a 3rd party is involved who hold the money until its been confirmed that a deal is legit??

Sweet. I'll start one up now. OK everybody, trust me with your money ... I have an honest face :twisted:

Escrow is not such a good option either. There are (or were) many escrow scams on ebay

I will be asking for 3 forms of ID (photocopied and faxed through) and the movement advices in full, as well as ringing the state dept and confirming details before any transactions in future, unless i have dealt with the person before, and if people dont want to deal with me because of that then so be it.

Thank you to the person who helped me last night - you will receieve a belated xmas present when my eggs hatch !

I hope all works out well for you and all the others!

Sounds like a real case is building against him and sometime, I'm sure, this (bleep) will slip up and will be caught. Fingers crossed! Please let us know how things works out

Wow, 10g and i bet theres plenty more that are new to the hobby and haven't come forward yet!
That would be a major case of fraud wouldn't it? 10g is alot of cash and im sure there would be plenty more, this is most likley not the first time he has scammed people, i just hope for your sake he is still in the country!

If this has been occurring alot more regularly, hopefully it will make DECC in all states have a closer look at their import and export system and maybe consider a nation wide system be put in place, so it makes it harder for people in certain states to get away with it!!!

http://www.petlink.com.au/Classifieds/sale/1024835.html

poor bugger, dont no if u guys have seen this one yet

That's gold. I'd hazard a guess and say that he isnt reading Petlink at present. And, the deadline passed. Charges will be pressed.
As i suggested yesterday, you have lots of people on the case CSI-style, and it's been reported to every authority in the land, so why not leave it at that? You got got. It's a shame for sure, but hopefully you'll learn from it.
Bumping it probably wont help you as everyone's seen it. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back