Urgent help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets just say he has till 9am to contact me, and i drop charges

Bugger that this is a huge blight on our hobby and there should be no second chances for thieving scum . Even if the courts eventually go lightly on this pr....k he deserves many stressfull slepless nights IMO

I very much doubt i will receive a phone call, ......

I will keep you all posted, and let every mod on every forum i have posted know the outcome.

Hope it all works out well in the end Mrs I

Your a trusting person, shame you've had to go thru all the STRESS tho, for an a...hole

Always remeber to do your ( home work 1st ) ;)

Good luck :)

Let this be a lesson to all................dont do any business or send any money to anyone you havent checked out.........not rocket science really.

turn your phone off so he cant contact you before 9am and continue with the legal proceedings!

I have has more people contact me that have been in contact with this thug to buy animals, all your help is appriciated

aren't there heaps of scams like this going on at the moment??? ppl say, buy this reptile, they pay for it, its "apparently" put on a plane and ...... then nothing. i haven't read the whole thread though so i could be wrong.

hope it all works out for ya.

Buyer beware!!!!!

INTERNET SALES
BUYER BEWARE!!
Over the past few months we have noticed a high level of illegal activity on the Internet regarding the sale of wildlife.

I therefore ask all permit holders to exercise judgment and due care when dealing with interstate customers in the purchase of fauna.

The NPW Regulations state that a person who intends importing a protected animal must at least 48 hours before importation give notice in writing stating:
(i) The species of the animal which is to be imported; and the name and address of the person who had possession of the animal, before importation and the name and address of the person who will have possession of the animal after importation, (ii) the manner of importation; and, (iii) the time and place of importation.

Please understand that (Ref: NP&W Act Section 60) the onus lies with the permit holder (yourself) to ensure the individual you are dealing with regarding importation has a permit to keep and sell in their state and most importantly has been provided an export permit (or movement advice) from the state they live in.

Please note: The approval of an Import Permit does not confirm that the stock from interstate is from legal tender. Therefore we suggest that you obtain a copy of the seller’s export or movement advice prior to the purchase as this will provide you with confirmation that the Fauna Licensing Unit (interstate) has approved the export.

If you have any information or concerns regarding the importation of wildlife, please contact the Manager, Fauna Permit Unit on ph 8124 4803.

Therefore we suggest that you obtain a copy of the seller’s export or movement advice prior to the purchase as this will provide you with confirmation that the Fauna Licensing Unit (interstate) has approved the export.

That will provide the buyer with no such assurance at all. In Queensland the EPA do not approve nor issue completed movement advices (akin to export permits) as is done in NSW. These documents, in QLD, are completed by the seller at their convenience and do not in any way provide buyers with an assurance that the supposed permit holder actually has the animals, or even the appropriate permit.

Maybe all the License holders in Qld need to lobby to have this changed via a petition or something.

We need to try stop people like this, i gather thats why this person said he was in Qld.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back