Urgent Ridge Tailed Monitor Help!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

frogmancorey56

Reaction score
Hey all

Just need some help with my ackie as i fear he may have hyperparathyroidism. he has big lumps, 1 on the left side of his mouth and 1 on each of his forearms.
Am really hoping not but if he does what am i suppose to do and how does it occur i.e. what do i need to change and what is the treatment?

(sorry about quality of photos, taken on phone)

Cheers

Attachments

• Photo0072.jpg
    Photo0072.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 147
  • Photo0073.jpg
    Photo0073.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 144
  • Photo0074.jpg
    Photo0074.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 123
  • Photo0075.jpg
    Photo0075.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 131
  • Photo0076.jpg
    Photo0076.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 139
im not sure what hyperthingymebob is but lizards do suffer from from calcium deficiencies that cause swelling to limbs etc, Definately a vet required here mate. A diagnosis from a vet will only cost about $60, providing there are no tests involved.
if you find it difficult to afford let us know and i am sure everyone here will help you as much as they can.

Im with maanz641, it should see a vet.

i bought it and she said she definitely cant afford it. so is there anything that i can do if i cant afford a vet or is he going 2 die.

will change my location aye

i have heard that some vets will work out a plan where you can pay them off over a period. Perhaps you can ask someone else in your family or extended family for a loan.

You need to get him to a vet, mate. Bumping everyone to reply is not helping your monitor. Perhaps you should ring the vet & tell them about your monitor & finances - maybe they will let you pay off the cost slowly.

looks like MBD metabolic bone disease

caused from lack of calcium and uv light

so call ytour vet asap they may need to inject calcium, make sure it gets a uv light or is taken into the sun to get some vitamin d and sunlight! very important that u dust at least every second meal with calcium.

but the vet will need to clarify this but thats what it looks like .

hope it gets better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back